Service C (first one) Tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Using Tim Purslow, who is a reputable Indy, who has everything the MB main agent has for half the price.

For anybody who doesn't know, his Dad is Tony Purslow who is a Hampshire and beyond MB main dealer.

Will report back for any Hampshire based forum members. But so far been excellent, free courtesy car etc. So no logistical headaches.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tim...26626d05d299:0x3fdb62c9e68ab4da#istate=kp:xpd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it the cars very first service? Nothing wrong with indies at all and there can certainly be a cost saving but if the car is brand new the residual will be affected come resale and the saving maybe short lived.

Is it the cars very first service? Nothing wrong with indies at all and there can certainly be a cost saving but if the car is brand new the residual will be affected come resale and the saving maybe short lived.

First service C

I'm led to believe it goes " A B C " then goes back to A?

1k lighter but the car is 99.9 spot on now.

I can happily vouch for this Inde. Lovely professional service (quite literally) Only use MB parts and fully star equipped.

Also a free c class as a courtesy to save any logistical headaches.

Only minor downside, they can't seem to do anything outside of the general service the same day, that said it could just be a courtesy to make sure I'm happy with the price.

9/10 overall

£1k for a 1st service ? What was done ? How much would a main dealer of charged ?

On my E class C service like an A service plus a few mileage / time related checks / items. .Would normally expect it to be cheaper than a B service. Just had C for £250 at Merc Indi, including Star session , next year will be B service which is the big one, all filters etc.

Wow.... is it an AMG model?

Ha Ha no.

The standard service was just over £300

Plus the advisories

I had six glow plugs and relay changed
2 engine mounts
Serpentine belt
Oil leak
Turbo pipe
Engine cover rubber mounts
And a new seat switch.

I knew of these issues before I bought it, and bumped the trader down accordingly. All came in on my budget.

CLSMark said:
Ha Ha no. The standard service was just over £300 Plus the advisories I had six glow plugs and relay changed 2 engine mounts Serpentine belt Oil leak Turbo pipe Engine cover rubber mounts And a new seat switch. I knew of these issues before I bought it, and bumped the trader down accordingly. All came in on my budget. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok that's a fair enough price. Was going to say £1000 for just a service is Lamborghini territory!

Ok that's a fair enough price. Was going to say £1000 for just a service is Lamborghini territory!

Main agent wanted £634 for just the service. I dread to think what it would have been for the advisories as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom