Service costs CLS 55?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W126

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Do these costs look about right to you? (service B plus some other work)
Quote is from a well respected indy.

Service:
Oil and filter using AMG approved oil, screen wash, AMG diff oil, Transmission oil and filter, gasket and magnet using MB 236.14 oil, brake fluid MB331.0 bleeding via Xentry and Romess Rogg, full technical inspection. £667 plus vat, total £800.40

Front discs:
Front discs and pads, screws and sensors, all original AMG. £520.25 plus vat, total £624.30

Rear discs:
Rear discs and pads, sensors, all original AMG £355 plus vat, total £426

Belts:
Firstly we advise changing the super charger tensioner and this is included in the costings:
Supercharger belt, normal belt and suyper charger tensioner. £380 plus vat, total £456

Clock Spring: (parts supplied by customer)
Replace and initialise. £125 plus vat, total £150

Inter-cooler pump: (parts supplied by customer)
Replace pump and anti freeze MB325.0. £209.50 plus vat, total £251.40

Thanks
Neil

214 views and no responses. Guess it must be spot on then...

Get a quote from a main dealer as a comparison?

You maybe be able to source oem parts cheaper via ecp ebay etc.

Seems expensive for a indie.

Last edited:
Very expensive I'd say

Phone around, perhaps travel further afield and stay over.

Neil, how good are your DIY skills? I'd leave messy jobs like oil changes to a local shop but the rest should be pretty doable, even if you have never done them before.

Generally seems expensive to me.

One example I can compare easily is the replacement of the inter-cooler pump.

Olly at PCS did this for me on my E55 last year. Like you I supplied the new pump ('Bosch 10' in my case). I was charged around 1 hour labour which is significantly less than £209.50 plus vat!! I wasn't charged for antifreeze as I think the pipes may have been clamped and therefore not drained. Just make sure it is bled to remove all the air properly afterwards. I'm not sure what pump you are supplying, but I know the 'Bosch 10' is a straight swap whereas I think the popular Johnson pump may need some bracket mods:dk:

Got my Bosch 10 October pump from US via ebay and cost £105 including taxes and postage. Took 10 days but saved me over £100.

Got my Bosch 10 October pump from US via ebay and cost £105 including taxes and postage. Took 10 days but saved me over £100.

Same here John - MB Guildford wanted about £250 for the same thing!

seems a little steep price wise

mine had a bosch 10 fitted by the supplying main dealer a few months before I got it, been over 4 years now and still going strong.

Thanks for the reply gents.
I have purchased a bosch 10 pump from ebay as per several members recommendations.
FYI - they are £75/hr labour inc VAT! Thats actually one of the reasons i started thinking about it more, as that would be circa 3 hours to do the pump.
Will get a quote from another couple of places to get a second opinion on the full work.

Thanks
Neil

Hi Neil, re the rear discs and pads, bought the lot for £200 ish from MB Teesside, so your price seems expensive, unless that's fitted!

Hello mate I've been quoted just over £400 pounds for brake discs an pads front & rear by pcs fitted. Give Andy a call.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Suky Sangha said:
Hello mate I've been quoted just over £400 pounds for brake discs an pads front & rear by pcs/eurocharge fitted. Give Andy a call. Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Hello mate I've been quoted just over £400 pounds for brake discs an pads front & rear by pcs fitted. Give Andy a call.

Genuine parts? :eek:

Sounds like they're making up the hourly rate by 'taking longer' to do everything!

W126 said:
Genuine parts? :eek:
yes genuine as that's all I would go for. I was also meant to say pcd! I will be fitting mine in a few weeks time so if you want get your brakes done at the same time as me come along?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom