Service indicator - reset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gruddledock

Car
mercedes A class
I know that this has been well and truly done to death but I am still stuck

Model A class W169 year 2009

Service indicator was coming up with "Service B required in --- days" This counted down until yesterday when it said "Service B required today"

Now it says "Service B overdue by ---- days"

I have done most of the service myself but am unable to re-set the service indicator.

I have tried a number of ways as detailed in these forums but have got no-where. One did tell me that it would work with the W169 by bringing up the date the service was required but my car will not do that - just states as above, no date shows.

I now get a bleep every time I start then car so - can anyone help with this - personally I would prefer to turn off the service indicator completely as it is a damn nuisance!

Can anyone out there help please?

Regards,

Geoff.

try this?

This applies to the W169 Mercedes A class and the W245 Mercedes B class.

a) Turn ignition key to '1'
b) Press either of the system selection button (left hand edge of steering wheel) repeatedly until you have the Basic display with mileage in the display
c) Press the reset button (the dimming button on the cluster) briefly 3 times and you see the voltage display on the cluster
d) use the scroll down arrow button until you see the 'Service menu'
e) Use +/- buttons to select the menu item CONFIRMATION then press the lower system selection button to confirm ("Total Service" is shown in dispay)
f) Confirm full service by pressing lower system selection button
g) Press top system selection button until you get back to Service menu
h) Use +/- buttons to select the 'Additional Work' menu and Press the lower system selection button to confirm
i) Use +/- buttons to select Service 3 & press lower system selection button to confirm
j) Use +/- buttons to select the oil grade you used & press lower system selection button to confirm
k) repeatedly press top system selection button until out of service mode

Russ

Follow the instructions in this video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Russ.
Brilliant - many thanks - worked a treat - pity we cannot get rid of it completely!
Most grateful.
Geoff.

I used this procedure on my Vaneo
  1. Turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock and immediately press button 000.0 twice within the space of one second.
  2. Turn the key to position 0 in the ignition lock.
  3. Press and hold button 000.0 then turn the key to position 2 in the ignition lock, Keeping button 000.0 pressed, dont let go!!!! You will hear a beep.
  4. The service message with current remaining distance or remaining time appears. Keep button 000.0 pressed!!!
  5. After about 10 seconds, an acoustic signal will sound and the service display with the new starting distance or starting time appears for about 10 seconds.
  6. Now release button 000.0
  7. Thats it you’ve reset your service indicator.
However what they DO NOT tell you is that you have to have the mileage display up NOT the trip display. If you have the trip display up you can try till the cows come home and it won't reset.

The owners manual said you can reset the service indicator by doing step one of the above. Frigging useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom