1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

service or not

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by hixy, Nov 4, 2016.

1. hixy

hixy Member

Car:
    c class
    i bought my 2012 c class around 5 months ago from a mb dealer , now my service indicator shows that in 600 miles it is due a b service which will cost around £500 i have done around 8000 miles since i bought the car , my question is should they have serviced the car before i bought it . cheers

2. The _Don

The _Don Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mb
  3. OP
    OP
    hixy

hixy Member

Car:
    c class
  4. camerafodder

camerafodder Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    VW Touareg V6 Altitude, Toyota IQ2
    Take it to a decent Indy and save yourself a packet.

5. markjay

markjay Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 Retrofitted by www.comandonline.co.uk
    Fixed that for you ;)

6. OP
    OP
    hixy

hixy Member

Car:
    c class
    Just phoned MB to book a service as my indicator now shows 500 miles to service , they said it would be due either in march or 64000 miles , i explained that the mileage on my car is only 57500 miles .The good news is i now just have to ignore the indicator and wait until 64000 miles . Time to save up as its a b service with a added brake fluid change as an extra . I know some have said go to an indi but i have still got 7 months left on the warranty and that would void it i would think .

7. Funkyboy

Funkyboy Member

Car:
    E class

It won't void your warranty if you use an Indy that updates the service record online using manufacturer recommended parts and specification of oil. You will find your bill will probably be half the main dealer price.

1 person likes this.
  8. tonysmb

tonysmb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 CDi coupé, A150 (W169)
    As it's a 2012 car, it will be out of manufacturer's warranty. Therefore, it might be a condition of the warranty you have that the car is serviced by an aporoved dealer.

1 person likes this.
  9. clk320x

clk320x Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK320 W209, AMG styling, Facelifted Dash, 18" AMG wheels, Pioneer SPH-DA120 App Radio
    I'd recommend prestige car service, hordean. Way better than the main dealers.

Tags: