Setting the Analogue clock on a 2006 C209 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MWCLS

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320 CDI Perlite Gray Metallic 2005
I just noticed my analogue clock is 3 hours behind the clock in the car's cluster menu which is correct. At some point the previous owner has replaced the Audio 20 for a Clarion NX501E head unit.

So this evening the cluster menu shows 17.20 the analogue clock 14.20 and the head unit 18.20! So if im a bit baffled.

Ive accessed the menus adjusted the correct time on the menu dash clock the analogue spins around twice back to 14.20.

Ive tried to adjust the time on the aftermarket headunit to no avail there is a settings menu its all touch screen but wont allow me to change the time.

Ive looked online and cant find any real answer as to why i have 3 different times.

Im pretty sure when i purchased the car the clocks all matched all i have done is hooked up a c tek trickle charger using the eye connectors ( not disrupting power ).

So im at a loss as to how to have all 3 clocks showing the same time!

Im not a fan of aftermarket headunits, i suspect this is the culprit.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Im out of ideas??

I just noticed my analogue clock is 3 hours behind the clock in the car's cluster menu which is correct. At some point the previous owner has replaced the Audio 20 for a Clarion NX501E head unit.

So this evening the cluster menu shows 17.20 the analogue clock 14.20 and the head unit 18.20! So if im a bit baffled.

Ive accessed the menus adjusted the correct time on the menu dash clock the analogue spins around twice back to 14.20.

Ive tried to adjust the time on the aftermarket headunit to no avail there is a settings menu its all touch screen but wont allow me to change the time.

Ive looked online and cant find any real answer as to why i have 3 different times.

Im pretty sure when i purchased the car the clocks all matched all i have done is hooked up a c tek trickle charger using the eye connectors ( not disrupting power ).

So im at a loss as to how to have all 3 clocks showing the same time!

Im not a fan of aftermarket headunits, i suspect this is the culprit.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Im out of ideas??

If your car had Comand then its possible that the setting 'synchronise time with H/U' was sert to on. This will override any setting and try and take the time from the GPS signal in the Comand. The setting can be turned off. If you cant find it in the settings in the cluster then your cluster will need coding to turn it off and put the option in the settings. The Clario system will almost certainly be independent of the cluster so there should be a setting somewhere on that for you to change its time.

If you want to pop over to us I can sort the cluster for you.

Thanks for the kind offer of help and a explanation of what my car clocks are doing.

I can get over to you, but more than likely after xmas.. maybe i could arrange a convenient time then for you to take a look at it. Tbh i dont particularly like the clarion setup. Would it be possible to convert the car back to audio 20 or even command?

Regards

Michael

Just a update temp measure. I set the cluster time ( unseen ) 3 hours behind now i have a correct analogue clock and i figured out the clarion setup so thats ontime. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom