Setting the time in a W203 320?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dobbs

Car
C-Class 320 coupe
Hi,

Just picked up my second c-class coupe yesterday (320 - love the V6 purr) but the option to change the clock does not appear in the Setting menu.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Dobbs.

Should be in the manual.

Do you have COMAND or standard audio? What year is the car?

Hi,

I've been through the manual and looked in the correct place in the Settings menu, but there's no option to adjust the time. There should also be an option to configure the display so that the main display shows the temperature rather than the speed (in Km's) but this option is missing also.

There's an after-market stereo fitted - I was wondering if the car originally came with a command system and since this is missing it's not able to sync up the time - if this is the case, is there another way of setting the time? Remove the after-market stereo???

:dk:

Not sure if the non MB stereo is causing you a problem with the time setting but the option to display outside temperature instead of kmh is not enabled in UK spec cars.

Mercedes set it this way because the speedometer is set to mph only and not a dual mph/kmh dial.

On later vehicles this can be coded to display temperature etc but I am not sure your vehicles coding can be changed.

If it originally had Comand it will be expecting a GPS signal to set the clock. The function can be made available in the instrument cluster but it needs STAR to tell it there is no Comand present.

If it originally had Comand it will be expecting a GPS signal to set the clock. The function can be made available in the instrument cluster but it needs STAR to tell it there is no Comand present.

Mine has COMAND and the time is set through that, and it's obviously sync'd to GPS time as it's always absolutely spot on to the time pips - but it doesn't adjust for the hour change so the time does have to be set manually.

Interesting because ours used to update as soon as the radio was turned on after the hour change

Hi,

I've been through the manual and looked in the correct place in the Settings menu, but there's no option to adjust the time. There should also be an option to configure the display so that the main display shows the temperature rather than the speed (in Km's) but this option is missing also.

There's an after-market stereo fitted - I was wondering if the car originally came with a command system and since this is missing it's not able to sync up the time - if this is the case, is there another way of setting the time? Remove the after-market stereo???

:dk:

If you post up your VIN someone will be able to check the original spec on the car to see if it had comand.

Not sure if the non MB stereo is causing you a problem with the time setting but the option to display outside temperature instead of kmh is not enabled in UK spec cars.

Mercedes set it this way because the speedometer is set to mph only and not a dual mph/kmh dial.

On later vehicles this can be coded to display temperature etc but I am not sure your vehicles coding can be changed.

Hi, I was able to do it on my 2002 2.3K and as far as I know it was a UK-registered car, not an import...

I'll get the VIN for both vehicles so that we can see if one is UK-spec and the other came with Comand.

To be continued on Monday - take care folks and have a good weekend :thumb:

Hi,

The VIN for my 3.2 is WDB2037642A485754 - it would be helpful to know if it came with Comand - if so I guess I need to get STARs to tell it that the Comand unit has gone.

Thanks,

Dobbs.

Showing as having Comand fitted. Good luck with getting it sorted.

Chassis

Sales designation: C 320
Order number: 0 3 537 00004
Delivery date: 08 01 2003
Market: AG,Europe
Production order: N
Paint code 1:
345U - BRIGHT BLUE - METALLIC PAINT
Equipment:
201A - LEATHER - BLACK/ANTHRACITE
Engine no.:
112946 31 463273
Transmission:
722618 04 204389 [transmissionType = GA]
Steering:
Front axle 1:
Rear axle 1:
Rear axle 2:
Battery 1:
Fuel cell 1:
Electric motor 1:
SA code
053 - YOM 12/0; 12/2; 13/0
200A - LEATHER
205B - OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - ENGLISH
221B - SIGN COOLANT/REFUELING - ENGLISH
236B - WITHOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE - STATION INDEX
287 - THROUGH-LOADING FEATURE
352 - COMAND
413 - PANORAMIC SLIDING SUNROOF/GLASS SUNROOF
423 - 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
461 - INSTRUMENT WITH MILES IND. AND ENGLISH LEGEND
486 - SPORTS SUSPENSION
537L - GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
551 - ANTI-THEFT/ANTI-BREAK-IN WARNING SYSTEM
580 - AIR CONDITIONER
5XXL - EUROPE
613 - HEADLAMP LEFT-HAND TRAFFIC
668 - PRODUCT PROT.F.TRANSPORT VEH. W/ TIE-DOWN HOOKS
669 - SPARE WHEEL / FOLDING WHEEL
673 - HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERY
803 - [112.9] - 20020522 - AEJ 02/1/X
803 - [203] - 19980810 - AEJ 02/1/X
803 - [722.6] - 20010316 - YOM 12/1
819 - CD CHANGER
873 - SEAT HEATER FOR LEFT AND RIGHT FRONT SEATS
882 - INTERIOR SAFEGUARD
926 - EXHAUST GAS CLEANING WITH EURO 4 TECHNOLOGY
949 - SPORTS PACKAGE
984 - COC DOC., DELETION OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION DOC.
989 - IDENTIFICATION LABEL UNDER WINDSHIELD
FCL - COMPACT LIMOUSINE
M112 - V6-GASOLINE ENGINE M112
M32 - CAPACITY 3,2 LITER
M112 - V6-GASOLINE ENGINE M112

Surprising what you can find if you know where to look :)

Many thanks for all the information - I'll get in contact with my local MB dealer and see what's involved with telling the car that it no longer has a comand unit installed.

Have a good Christmas :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom