Shell Optimax - Reduced Price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kompressor_Dude

Car
CLK350 Sport
The Shell Garage by me in Southampton (on Thomas Lewis Way) is selling Optimax at the price of regular fuel today, still 93p but worth it for a tank full! Anyone else notice this happening locally?

Only just got told so im off there now to fill up :)

Not surprised they're selling it cheap, haven't seen Optimax about for months since they changed to V-power ;) :D

93p sounds very good - I filled up with £66 worth yesterday at 100.9p a litre! :mad: :rolleyes:

Will

Normal unleaded is around 97p in Cambridge! sounds a bargin!

'Tis a bargain; local Shell to me is 93.9 for unleaded, 100.9 for V-Power. Just put 56 litres in, so that's a £4 difference...

Not surprised they're selling it cheap, haven't seen Optimax about for months since they changed to V-power ;) :D

Will

:D oops, haha!

Well, i got there just before they stopped selling it, only saved a quid or two but worth it i guess. Is the higher octane stuff really much better for the car? I tend to do a tank or two of normal to every tank of high-grade, just to clean it out.

Is the higher octane stuff really much better for the car?
Only if the ECU adapts to the higher octane fuel, and I'm not sure whether your car would.

I emailed DCUK to ask if I my ECU would adapt to super unleaded, and they didn't say it would or wouldn't - a proper politician's answer!

I had to top up at a Shell station I don't normally use - V-Power was 102.9p per litre!! :eek: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom