Shopping cart - urgent need to migrate - suggestions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manalishi

About 15 months ago I asked here about shopping carts and got some good advice, unfortunately, it's time to ask again...

Because my cart provider EROL/Brightscape is in the throes of going bust. It's a pain in the backside, but every cloud has a silver lining, methinks, so I intend to use this as an opportunity to improve things.

Time is obviously a bit pressing (presumably the hosting provider will pull the plug on EROL soon), but as long as I can sort out continuity for existing customers, I can take the time to get the new Webshop right.

At the moment, I have all my product info in an MDB database, which i edit via the EROL software, and there's a fair bit of non-sales stuff in plain HTML and more in phpBB forum format. The payment handling is done via Brightscape's Secure Server into SagePay (protx), and the EROL software handles order management.

So I'm after some advice and suggestions as to what might be a good medium-to-long-term solution. Although I built the EROL shop, I may also want to subcontract the whole migration + improvement process.

There are some ex-EROL employees touting EROL-to-Magento migration. I haven't looked at Magento for a long time though.

(If it helps, the Website is at www.ampmaker.com)

Nice website , and nice looking amplifiers .

I once built a hi-fi valve power amp with 4x 6550 output valves ( KT-88's IIRC ? ) and Sowter output transformers . It turned out to be quite noisy , so it ended up in one of my sheds ( where it probably still is ) .

I also have the same problem with manalishi's website. I end up going all dreamy eyed and long for the smell of multicore solder...Hhhhmmm :eek:

Sorry, can't really help with the basket issue!

Thanks chaps.

Derek - get that amp sorted. Are they nice old KT-88s...? If so, I have some shirt buttons here that I'll offer to take them off your hands. :D

Seems the current cart company isn't going bust, but there are IP issues behind the administration (royalties and/or ongoing development, I presume).

Frontrunners for replacement platform seem to be X-cart, Magento, or some sort of CMS system...

(I presume Web developers drive Audis or fast Japanese cars rather than Mercs, but thought it was worth asking here anyway ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom