shopping = Dent :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dog68

Car
Mercedes s500
Well it had to happen sometime, go shopping come back to car, to find a lovely dent on passenger door:devil: Great.

Precisely why I always park in the most deserted part of the car park and slap bang down the middle of two spaces. Sorry, but until they mark out reasonable spaces in this country for all cars, not just those on tandems, I'll keep doing it.

Sorry about your car... very annoying and disappointing I'm sure.

Precisely why I always park in the most deserted part of the car park and slap bang down the middle of two spaces. Sorry, but until they mark out reasonable spaces in this country for all cars, not just those on tandems, I'll keep doing it.

There are many deserted parts of car-parks at the moment! And in many places if you don't park between the lines you get a ticket.

my sympathies. when this happens, it makes you wonder if it's worthwhile driving a decent car. something similar happened to the rear nearside bumper of my ML within weeks of buying it and i didn't bother to repair the scuff as there was every chance it wd only be a matter of time before it happened again.
so many drivers these days (and i think the wrinklies are worst offenders) don't seem to care about scuffing cars when they park. i saw one woman driver blatantly brush the rear bumper of one car and when i told her what she had done she told me i was being ridiculous and denied it completely. to this day, I don't know whether she just didn't know or just didn't care!

There are many deserted parts of car-parks at the moment! And in many places if you don't park between the lines you get a ticket.

Unless the ticket is from a car park run by a local authority it's not worth the paper it's written on. Safely binned with no fear of reprisal.

Right now of course is perfect as in many car parks you can't even see the lines. :)

Regards,

And so you should

A good rule of thumb is always park next to a motor thats more expensive than yours, though that is easier to do for some than others, with my old '03 I'm happy next to a Fiat:D

A good rule of thumb is always park next to a motor thats more expensive than yours, though that is easier to do for some than others, with my old '03 I'm happy next to a Fiat:D

My tactic also. Either more prestigious or brand new will do.

Parking as far from the door as possible helps too, the spaces nearest the entrance have the bigger turnover of cars so more chance of getting hit.

Avoid parking next to MPVs, anything with a child seat in the back and coupes with long doors (sorry CL owners but it's all your fault).

My wife once said "oh look, there's a space next to that van". NO :doh:

The in-laws neighbour is in her late 80's. She drives an Astra and every panel is marked. The bumpers are even worse. Some people should not be on the road.

Came out of the supermarket this morning to find the rear quarter of SWMBO Audi all stoved in, obviously from the bumper of a 4x4 or pick up arch and panel bent in and all scratched to buggery I reckon about £1k of damage. Have requested cctv footage from Tesco but won't get it until after Christmas:mad:

Worst part is the CLK is all striped down having the brakes done so she doesn't have a car until I put it back together, so guess what I'm doing boxing day.

Another Christmas ruined by some inconsiderate tosser that can't park. I'm so p*ssed off I cant tell you, I really wanted to spend all my Christmas holidays on the spanners putting 2 cars right.

Next year we'll be going away and b*llocks to the lot of them

Sorry to read that and very disappointing. I just don't understand what seem to be the majority of people nowadays. I know for a fact if I hit another car in a car park I would wait for the owner. If they hadn't turned up after an hour or so, I'd leave a note for them with my name and telephone number and an apology.

I despair at what seems to be the majority of people who are so wrapped up in their own selfishness and self centered opinion nowadays they don't even understand what they're doing wrong.

Again, sorry, and hope you get done what you need to.

Respect for other people's property just doesn't exist anymore

Burger, you hit the nail on the head my friend. Selfishness. Arrogance. Self centred.
It rilEs me up how ignorant some people are- been shopping today at sainsburys and the amount of people that just stop dead in the middle of the isle as you are in the vacinity is frankly astonishing!
One idiot had parked his trolley at the end of the isle so that I had to ask him to move it for me to pass, even though he was looking straight at me! He then rolled his eyes at me! At me!!!! I told him in no uncertain terms that if he was nearer my age, manners would have to be taught!
I'm normally quite placid, but he really got me riled. Rant over.

its not always the car drivers or carless door openers that do the damage the shoppers with the trolleys do their share ,where i shop the car park has a slight slope i have seen them roll into cars and the person responsable just walk away not a care in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom