Shopping List For A New Stereo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza0210

Car
2009 E350 Coupe CDI Sport
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone advise me with whats needed to fit an aftermarket Kenwood headunit into a 2003 C180K Coupe.

I want to retain the controls on the steering wheel but am also wondering if it shows the track numbers as it does with the Audio 10 which is currently installed.

Also does the Audio 10 use fibre-optics or is that just the Bose system.

Thanks guys.

May need an aerial adapter check what connection the current one is.

No it wont show track numbers etc on the cluster disaplay.

Some Audio 10 units do use fibre connection but only for cd changer. Stereo connection is standard ISO.

Last edited:
Thank you mate, much appreciated for the quick response.

Hopefully the snow allows me to get the bits to sort out the system tomorrow. lol.

I have fitted a Kenwood BT 60U into my 208 clk, with this model you can seperatley adjust the colours of the buttons and the screen and the display is a lot better than most too, and the most important thing for me is that it doesn't look too "pimp-my-ride"ish.
I've ordered the Kenwood steering wheel adapter CAW-MB 1080 which gives steering wheel functionality but will not display track info, you also get a seperate remote with the unit that I've never had before as I thought it was a mad idea but I'm really impressed with it!
Hope that helps.
Chris
Forgot to mention it's a bluetooth unit with a seperate microphone and works really well!

I have fitted a Kenwood BT 60U into my 208 clk, with this model you can seperatley adjust the colours of the buttons and the screen and the display is a lot better than most too, and the most important thing for me is that it doesn't look too "pimp-my-ride"ish.
I've ordered the Kenwood steering wheel adapter CAW-MB 1080 which gives steering wheel functionality but will not display track info, you also get a seperate remote with the unit that I've never had before as I thought it was a mad idea but I'm really impressed with it!
Hope that helps.
Chris
Forgot to mention it's a bluetooth unit with a seperate microphone and works really well!

Chris, out of curiosity have you received the CAW-MB 1080?
I ordered one back November but it still hasn't arrived yet, good choice of stereo, that's what I went for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom