1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

Should I buy the new C Class Coupe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SammyC, Mar 28, 2012.

1. SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    How good is the new C Class Coupe?

I have it on my short list but was wondering from current owners what their thoughts are on the car. Pros and cons. Any regrets or is it a dream? :D

Will be really helpful in my decision whether to get one.

2. Dr-Nab

Dr-Nab Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    B8.5 S5 Coupe 430hp/520nm
    Go for an extensive test drive? See if a dealer will let you have a car for a weekend or something similar? Always best to be as thorough as you can when deciding what to buy, then you'll know what you want - other people's opinions and views may be different to yours :)

I'm undecided on a new ML or a Cayenne diesel so will be testing the ML this weekend and the Cayenne the weekend after, specs/prices are very similar so will see what the best deal is.

3. OP
    OP
    SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    Do they let you have cars for the weekend?

I will be booking a test drive soon though.

Unfortunately, I couldn't buy before the 31st March as they had some good deals on for the C Coupe. They have new deals coming in the next few days as they have different offers quarterly. Hopefully it won't cost more to buy on the finance offers. They were putting in a decent dealer contribution.

4. A210AMG

A210AMG Hardcore MB Enthusiast

What's on your list?

What do you drive now.

Do YOU Like the C class coupe?

What engine / model would you be looking at?

So many different factors to consider? I'm sure its a good car, what do you want from your next car?

As above you have to drive the model your interested in and see for yourself really, what I like you may not?

5. Dr-Nab

Dr-Nab Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    B8.5 S5 Coupe 430hp/520nm
    Yeah they can let you have a car for as long as they wish, just depends on the insurance.. typically their insurance will be complete with a stupidly high excess so may be more favourable to insure it with your insurance etc

If they want the sale then they would usually make the effort, I got offered the Cayenne for a weekend without even asking, the salesman suggested it would be more beneficial to me to see how I get on with it so not exactly going to argue there :)

6. Khamen

Khamen Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63 AMG Coupe
    I guess it depends what you want from the car. If you are thinking C180 coupe, then tbh I'd probably save some cash and get the more practical, and still v handsome, saloon with a couple extra options for the money.

The AMG is lovely, but it's a different type of animal with that big V8 - it tends to dominate proceedings.

Fit and finish level on all the C-classes seems to be generally pretty good atm - certainly better than a few years ago.

If the question is "should I buy this instead of a BMW/Audi/Pair of Speedos For The Beach?" then I guess knowing a bit more about what you are really after will help people offer more constructive feedback.

K

7. OP
    OP
    SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    Thanks for the replies so far.
    To be honest what do I want…
    I want something with some class and style. I don't have any kids and even so I may be forced to make a baby in a few years! Something sporty looking and with edge.
    Engine I am undecided upon but 2-2.2 is fine. Something that returns decent mpg.
    Options - would like sat nav and then the usual leather seats etc.
    When looking at BMW 3 series Coupe they seem very stingy on the options. You seem to get a bit more with the Mercs.
    Also I am looking at the finance deals and even if I spec the cars up and compare the Merc comes out cheaper over a 36 month period.
    Although you seem to have to pay more for the car at the end to keep it with the merc.
    Does anyone know if Merc normally give you more in cash on a part exchange after 3 years if you want another Merc?

8. OP
    OP
    SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    Oh and i drive a VW Golf right now...

9. Khamen

Khamen Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C63 AMG Coupe
    I was driving a VW Golf until last week - look what happened to me... :O

K

10. OP
    OP
    SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    Only if i could afford the C63 mate!

11. A210AMG

A210AMG Hardcore MB Enthusiast

SLK250Cdi

Have it while your kid free

I miss my convertibles. You will get 50mpg 60 in 7seconds.

Some cracking lease deals with the AMG kit and wheels

12. C240Sport97

C240Sport97 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL400 and 911 GT3
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  13. Alfajock

Alfajock Member

Car:
    CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition + Defender 110 V8
  14. W2--

W2-- Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLS, S210
    hmm... Get something more impractical, fun, I would say.

15. OP
    OP
    SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    To be honest I like the C Class Coupe. It is a nice looking car.

Would be interested to hear of people who own this car and their experiences so far.

1 person likes this.
  16. jonnyMercUK

jonnyMercUK Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
    I have a new c coupe in calcite white, I loved the look of the car when I first got it and people still stare at me. I do a fair few motorway miles and the first trips out in it were good however I could tell it was a brand new engine. I have now done around 2000 miles and I'm really beginning to love the way it drives, the engine is really opening up!

I went for the non leather option and really glad I did, it's just like proper leather but won't wear the same! The integration with the phone/usb stick etc is brill, my phone stays in my pocket the whole time and everything is controlled through the car. I also went for the Becker sat nav option, although I would have liked a bigger screen I am happy with the standard one.

Feel free to pm me if you want to know anything else

17. jonnyMercUK

jonnyMercUK Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
    Oh and privacy glass is a must!!

18. pjs

pjs Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
    I bought ( well leased) mine without a test drive. Found the autocar 90 second review on their website. That was enough for me. Done 10k in 4 months and quite happy with it. Planning to write a proper review in the next few days.

19. OP
    OP
    SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    Thank you very much for your experience to date. I must get a few specs together and pass it by you!

I am also thinking becker over command. Interesting about the seats. So are the non leather seats feel and look like the real thing?

How do you find the drive in terms of firmness on the road?

20. OP
    OP
    SammyC

SammyC Active Member

Car:
    VW Golf
    Let me have a look at the review! :thumb:

Tags: