Should I buy the new C Class Coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
SammyC: let me know how you do. I'm probably not in the best position to get the final offers as I need to get shot of my BMW before I commit to anything.

Jonnystuartuk: what deal did you get? Would like an idea of what I could realistically expect.

Is it worth delaying to the end of the quarter to get best deals?

dvg said:
SammyC: let me know how you do. I'm probably not in the best position to get the final offers as I need to get shot of my BMW before I commit to anything.

Jonnystuartuk: what deal did you get? Would like an idea of what I could realistically expect.

Is it worth delaying to the end of the quarter to get best deals?

I wouldn't like to talk about money on a public forum. However for me it was 2 weeks before the 12 plate came out, I was sourced a car from another dealership which I believe they had to swop for a c63. The car came with loads of extras which they didn't really know about but couldn't charge me for all they knew was it was white.

I played them off against another dealership, I was honest at all times and the dealership did their upmost to source me the car I wanted.

I wouldn't like to talk about money on a public forum. However for me it was 2 weeks before the 12 plate came out, I was sourced a car from another dealership which I believe they had to swop for a c63. The car came with loads of extras which they didn't really know about but couldn't charge me for all they knew was it was white.

I played them off against another dealership, I was honest at all times and the dealership did their upmost to source me the car I wanted.

Fair play mate. You did well to get some freebies.

Regarding deals... I was told by Merc that Q2 deals would probably be not as good as Q1 but they have kept the same deals. I was told the reason they do the better deals in Q1 is to get as many new cars on the road.

Anyway.... deals are the same. But I want some freebies! Surely they can muster a treat for me :bannana:

Fair play mate. You did well to get some freebies.

Regarding deals... I was told by Merc that Q2 deals would probably be not as good as Q1 but they have kept the same deals. I was told the reason they do the better deals in Q1 is to get as many new cars on the road.

Anyway.... deals are the same. But I want some freebies! Surely they can muster a treat for me :bannana:

Try and ask for one that is already in this country rather than being made and sent over from Germany. Mine came from a port somewhere near Newcastle.

The extras that came with mine were FOC:

Privacy Glass
DAB Radio
6 CD Changer

The only advice I can give you is visit a few dealerships, know the car you want and see what the best deal you can get. Know what your price limit is as well (you may get carried away when you are sat in the dealership). I also told the dealership that I would sign that day if they could get the deal I wanted.

I have a question about the Agility mileage agreement. As an example the C180 C Class Coupe is offered as follows:

Based on a Mercedes-Benz Agility agreement. Based on 10,000 miles per annum. Excess mileage charges may apply.
C180 AMG Sport Coupe £299 a month on 36 month agility deal.

NOW … if say I do half at 5000 miles per annum does that effect the price of my purchase anyway? Does it make it cheaper etc...??

I have a question about the Agility mileage agreement. As an example the C180 C Class Coupe is offered as follows:

Based on a Mercedes-Benz Agility agreement. Based on 10,000 miles per annum. Excess mileage charges may apply.
C180 AMG Sport Coupe £299 a month on 36 month agility deal.

NOW … if say I do half at 5000 miles per annum does that effect the price of my purchase anyway? Does it make it cheaper etc...??

This is a huge assumption as I don't actually know but I would assume that the Residual Value would be affected? So if you are trading the car in they may offer you more for the car as the GFV is based on 30,000 mile car?

This is a huge assumption as I don't actually know but I would assume that the Residual Value would be affected? So if you are trading the car in they may offer you more for the car as the GFV is based on 30,000 mile car?

That would make sense...

Anyone in the know? Have an idea about this?

That would make sense...

Anyone in the know? Have an idea about this?

They may offer you more for the car in px as the mileage would be significantly lower but I think that the best option is to make the final payment then sell the car privately, that way you would probably get the best price for it.

They may offer you more for the car in px as the mileage would be significantly lower but I think that the best option is to make the final payment then sell the car privately, that way you would probably get the best price for it.

Is the 10k annual mileage a minimum they state on the agility deals then?
So say I do 15k in 3 years instead of 30k I should get more in a p/x. But you are right. If my mileage is low I would be better off buying the car outright and then selling privately.
However, the mileage thing doesn't effect the price of the car when buying brand new?
Do you know on Agility if you can make lump sum payments. Pay the car off early? For example could I pay off the cost of the 3 year deal after interest by year 2. Then wait till the end of year 3 to buy the car outright. That way the 3rd year I pay no monthly payments?

SammyC said:
Is the 10k annual mileage a minimum they state on the agility deals then?
So say I do 15k in 3 years instead of 30k I should get more in a p/x. But you are right. If my mileage is low I would be better off buying the car outright and then selling privately.
However, the mileage thing doesn't effect the price of the car when buying brand new?
Do you know on Agility if you can make lump sum payments. Pay the car off early? For example could I pay off the cost of the 3 year deal after interest by year 2. Then wait till the end of year 3 to buy the car outright. That way the 3rd year I pay no monthly payments?

You can but why. The final GMFV is the agreed price and as such you pay less than on an HP scheme per month as that final amount is deferred. They may adjust the GMFV IF YOU AND THEM agree a different milliage before the deal is signed but if you take it out at 10k miles/yr and only do 5 it will be your problem if you don't get anything back over and above the GMFV. In that case it may well be in your interest to buy the car for the GMFV and resell it but don't expect a penny from a dealership as they don't have to give you anything and are in the habit of short selling people. They'll tell you any old crap to make you feel the GMFV over valued the car and they are taking a hit. Saves them money and they sell you another new car.

Bear in mind purchasing outright on a PCP ie paying the deposit, the monthlies and then the GMFV could work out a lot more expensive than financing on an HP or loan or buying it off your savings. I'd work out the total amounts repayable on each method and then make an informed decision as to what is the most suitable methods available to you to attain the car.

I'm not having a go but the sorts of questions you've posted are good valid ones but not those usually asked by a PCP user and I suspect it might not be something for you to use to purchase this car.

After cracking another 200 miles out this afternoon, I wanted to add that I think the brakes are one of the few things i could criticise on the car. Compared to my BMW the discs are much smaller and you can tell. Too much travel, and a little 'soggy'.

As for the finance talk, like someone else said, simply work out the cost of ownership over the time and mileage that you expect to keep it. Only then do you really know what's the most effective option. I chose a car to suit my budget, and leasing the coupe was the best for me in that budget. Overall cost exc fuel/ins/maintenance = £13k for 40k miles over 2 years, heading towards, £15k for 60k miles over 2 years as i'm piling the miles on and will be paying 10p per mile excess. Everyone's situation is different. I'll just hand it back and find something else

After cracking another 200 miles out this afternoon, I wanted to add that I think the brakes are one of the few things i could criticise on the car. Compared to my BMW the discs are much smaller and you can tell. Too much travel, and a little 'soggy'.

As for the finance talk, like someone else said, simply work out the cost of ownership over the time and mileage that you expect to keep it. Only then do you really know what's the most effective option. I chose a car to suit my budget, and leasing the coupe was the best for me in that budget. Overall cost exc fuel/ins/maintenance = £13k for 40k miles over 2 years, heading towards, £15k for 60k miles over 2 years as i'm piling the miles on and will be paying 10p per mile excess. Everyone's situation is different. I'll just hand it back and find something else

From my understanding...if you do more miles than you are contracted to if at the end of the contract the car is still worth more than the GMFV then the mileage charge is not applied. However, not sure this will ever happen :dk:

Just to be clear…
The contracts on agility on line show prices in relation to 10k a year.
Now…
If you negotiate to do no more than 5k a year… does that impact the GMFV when you sign the contract? Will it be higher?
Of course if you go over then you pay the excess. But the GMFV will stay the same.
Have I got this right?

From my understanding...if you do more miles than you are contracted to if at the end of the contract the car is still worth more than the GMFV then the mileage charge is not applied. However, not sure this will ever happen :dk:

Sorry, I said lease when I should have said contract hire.

What are people's views on the Panoramic roof...

Worth the extra £1350?

Just to be clear…
The contracts on agility on line show prices in relation to 10k a year.
Now…
If you negotiate to do no more than 5k a year… does that impact the GMFV when you sign the contract? Will it be higher?
Of course if you go over then you pay the excess. But the GMFV will stay the same.
Have I got this right?

If they allow a contract for 5k a year then yes it will impact the GMFV because the car is likely to be worth more at the end of the contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom