Should I buy the new C Class Coupe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sammy: All your possible options look quite good. My recommendation would be to go for the most you can afford. There's nothing worse than paying out a bundle for a new car and then a couple of months down the line wishing you'd paid that extra couple of hundred pounds for something. Your car will somehow not be so great after that.

As for specific recommendations, we're all different and want different things, so what's wonderful to one person is rubbish to someone else (must be true or nobody would buy a Citroen!). It's all a matter of personal taste and finance.

You're going to lose lots of money by buying a new car, but you'll have the pleasure of getting just what YOU want, and the knowledge that nobody else has mistreated it. And of course don't forget all those jealous looks from friends and neighbours! :cool:

Sammy: All your possible options look quite good. My recommendation would be to go for the most you can afford. There's nothing worse than paying out a bundle for a new car and then a couple of months down the line wishing you'd paid that extra couple of hundred pounds for something. Your car will somehow not be so great after that.

As for specific recommendations, we're all different and want different things, so what's wonderful to one person is rubbish to someone else (must be true or nobody would buy a Citroen!). It's all a matter of personal taste and finance.

You're going to lose lots of money by buying a new car, but you'll have the pleasure of getting just what YOU want, and the knowledge that nobody else has mistreated it. And of course don't forget all those jealous looks from friends and neighbours! :cool:

You are right. No point not getting what i want spec wise and regretting it for a sake of an extra £10-20 a month!

Does anyone know why when I am looking at the

C Class Coupe C180 BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 2dr Auto

On the Merc Agility Finance Quote it says :

Mercedes C Class C180 BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 3dr Auto 2011

Is that the same car?

Does anyone know why when I am looking at the

C Class Coupe C180 BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 2dr Auto

On the Merc Agility Finance Quote it says :

Mercedes C Class C180 BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport 3dr Auto 2011

Is that the same car?

they are selling you last year's stock?

Someone told me the 2011 could be the year the car was introduced as a model line rather than build date?

By the time you decide you'll be able to pick up a second hand one for £10k

Sammy, I don't log in often but have just dropped by and noticed all your questions. I believe I can help answer most/all of your questions. This is why.

I swapped out of a new Sept 2010 C250 Cdi AMG Sport Saloon Auto this Feb 2012, into a new 61 plate C250 Cdi AMG Sport Coupe Edition 125 with 7G Tronic.

Both were on Agility, and because I have a good friend in the trade (ex BMW sales & business manager and now heads one of the largest Mini franchises in the country) I can also give you an informed opinion on the financial side of things, PCP information, and how I personally go about getting discounts and goodies.

Without sounding pompous or boastful, my C250 Cdi AMG Sport Coupe Edition 125 that came loaded with some goodies, was secured at a calculated 15.25% discount off list!

Please feel free to pm me if you think I can help! Great discussions all, and Sammy, an earlier poster is right - buying a new car will cost loads of money; the more you spend, the more you lose.

One final thing before I sign off - whether you go HP or on MB's PCP, it depends on what your decision is re. possession vs change at the end of the 3 years. If you are CERTAIN that you won't keep the car, and you can reconcile in your mind paying a 'rental' that would fund the depreciation of a new vehicle over 3 years (v expensive), then go PCP. If you want to own the vehicle, and you are the sort that keeps cars over 6-8 years, then stump up a larger deposit, and go HP.

I'd also heard the MB leasing is absolutely pig-pedantic when lease customers return vehicles to them often charging thousands for seeminly inconsequential and very very minor cosmetic issues be repaired to their satisfaction. Be forwarned.

As for your wanting to know about the car itself - its great - love it, more economical than the pre facelift C250 Cdi, cheaper on road tax, no problems or issues, rides well, handles well, is well made, classy and headturning yet not in-your-face. The pano roof is excellent, although its more aesthetic than anything but it does keep the cabin airy and light; has good poke on the A and B roads and motorway cruising is excellent. I was formerly a BMW man till 2002/3, then went to Porsche till 2010 before my circumstances and travel needs meant a more economical car was needed. Was happy with my C250 Cdi AMG Sport Saloon and now even happier with my AMG Coupe Edition 125. (But I am under no illusion that it will cost me a fair chunk over the 3 years in PCP payments but as I need a saloon sized, reliable car and economical car, with warranty but yet classy and with some prestige, etc I was prepared to pay for it - otherwise I'd be driving a Punto or Fiesta)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom