Show us yer' wheel nut/bolt covers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash59fifty-uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C204 C63, VW Transporter
Going to throw two questions in here to save threads, they kind of tie in with one another

Recently noticed I had no bolt covers on my alloys, can't say if I had when I bought the car but now it's bugging me, as my bolts are looking horrid with rust. If anyone has changed them, or replaced... care to show me them?

Alloys are just the standard 18" sport alloys (silver) With respects to 'aftermarket' bolt covers, if replaced, what have people gone for? When I search for some online all that's coming back are either a horrible chrome colour or black ones. Even some different coloured ones but they just remind me of something I'd of found in Max Power ten years ago. Can anyone recommend me with a decent set that just look, normal? Maybe from the dealership?

And my 2nd question- the bolts

Rusty, horrible brown colour. Is it best to go to the dealership and buy some new ones all-round and just have them fit some? Or is this a common thing with MB bolts and it's better to buy some proper ones elsewhere? Getting newer alloys soon and don't want them spoilt by my soiled-coloured bolts, and for just peace of mind :cool:

mine

Hi if standard fitting i fitted these .Also a deterant for people that want to steal the wheels as no wheel brace will fit them .You get two special tools to remove them in the pack for the other type of alloy wheels

Last edited:
Hi if standard fitting i fitted these .Also a deterant for people that want to steal the wheels as no wheel brace will fit them .You get two special tools to remove them in the pack for the other type of alloy wheels

They look good, where did you buy them?

And my 2nd question- the bolts

Rusty, horrible brown colour. Is it best to go to the dealership and buy some new ones all-round and just have them fit some? Or is this a common thing with MB bolts and it's better to buy some proper ones elsewhere? Getting newer alloys soon and don't want them spoilt by my soiled-coloured bolts, and for just peace of mind :cool:

Don't bother with MB bolts. They'll only rust again. I'd suggest either getting the silver coloured plastic bolt covers you mention in your first question.
e Bay is your friend there along with replacement bolts.
Get the zinc plated ones but ensure they are the correct radius head, not tapered.

AMGeed said:
Don't bother with MB bolts. They'll only rust again. I'd suggest either getting the silver coloured plastic bolt covers you mention in your first question. e Bay is your friend there along with replacement bolts. Get the zinc plated ones but ensure they are the correct radius head, not tapered.

Thanks AMGeed, some sound advice there. Spotted a similar thread that has some links I'm going to order some non-MB ones I think, can't believe these things rust so easy!

Thanks AMGeed, some sound advice there. Spotted a similar thread that has some links I'm going to order some non-MB ones I think, can't believe these things rust so easy!

I bought some of the zinc dipped bolts and lockers from eBay and they are still spotless over a year later. Cheaper too at around £20 for bolts and £15 for lockers.

Yes i was realy happy with them .The car is outside most of the time .These have been on over 12 months and look as good now as the day i fitted them .But you dont see a lot of them only the dome tops.

I stick to oem, if they get a bit grubby I simply remove place them head up in a piece of car board and give them a light coat of VHT silver paint.. rather that than hand over 65 quid for 16 bolts every year .. If it bothers you that is!

MWCLS said:
I stick to oem, if they get a bit grubby I simply remove place them head up in a piece of car board and give them a light coat of VHT silver paint.. rather that than hand over 65 quid for 16 bolts every year .. If it bothers you that is!

This is a great idea, how long does it normally take per bolt? With regards to drying time, etc

I normally do 8 bolts at once give them half a hour, I have a small heat lamp and there good to go. Without the heat lamp I'd probably leave them 1 hour just a light dusting, don't cake the paint on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom