Shower Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Blimey, lot of posts :)

My little experience would tell me Grundfos make good central heating pumps. Stuart turner make damn fine pumps for most everything else.

Although technically they are not pumps but accelerators.

I agree with most that had been said.
Salamander do make their own pumps.
Their ESP pump works really well on negative head applications.
I sell them all but what would I fit if it was my house?????

Monsoon all the way
Better build quality. Better customer service. Proven reliability.

I am dealing with a Salamander warranty issue with a 9 month old pump.
Their policy is to bill the customer £102 for an engineers visit refundable if the plumbing is ok and the pump breaks under its warranty period.
If they don't like what they see then they take the money and don't fix the pump.
Shouldn't be an issue to most people but the guy who I am dealing with didn't like it

Steve

Nor would I.
A good pump should keep working even if the plumbing is bad. I believed the real 'dont' when dealing with these is letting them run dry for long. But like I said these aren't actual pumps that push against a load. They're just little agitators so will keep spinning whatever. Well they should. If I had a pump (of this type) fail in a year it would appear on the desk of the MD.
The worst type I ever used (once) was italian made. Cheap die-cast aluminium rubbish.

What is your reason for the pump... Have you low hot water pressure or general low hot and cold. Or is it just to run power shower 1/2 etc.

The problem is that most gravity showers are poor quality and require 2m of head. Buy a shower designed for 1m of head, supply it with 2m of head, 22mm feed pipes and a decent shower head and it will deliver more than sufficient water volume.

Upstairs shower has negative head so is piped into the mains, no hot water in upstairs sink - so these will need piping to the pump.

Downstairs shower has a 3m head for cold, which is ok... but only a 20cm head for hot, which is a pain. It's sort-of ok if you lie down while showering :p

The pump is for the 2 showers and 1x tap upstairs (potentially 1x toiler if the plumber thinks it's easier to pipe that in as well)

It's all going in a cabinet, and I'll build an insulating box around it afterwards for the noise...

M.

You might have problems with the downstairs shower.
Twin shower pumps like balanced pressure.
I would put the problem to Stuart Turner & Salamander.
they will specify the pump or pumps for the job.
This usually grants you an extended warranty as by following their instruction they know that the pumps have been installed by their specification.
Other options include a single pump for the hot or booster showers (Trevi Boost) or pressure balancing valves.

It is illegal to do your own electrics in a bathroom wet area or the like, you need to use an approved spark .

I am;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom