Shower woes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

digisatman

Hi all,

I have a Triton HP thermostatic mixed shower and a Vokera mynute 20se System boiler.

Lately I have noticed that the shower is not hot at all anymore, and pressure of the hot water that comes out is not that much. Had this shower for over 7 years and think it needs replaced.
goofy.gif

The hot water in taps around house is fine.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Digi

Last edited:
cartridges are usually available from ebay at a fraction of the cost

I currently have a Triton HP shower, should I replace it with another HP Triton? I have seen similar Triton LP showers and wondering which one is better for me.

I have a Vokera mynute20se boiler which I manually control beforehand the hot water + heating.

ok guys, shower plumber came today and replaced the catridge, but hot water pressure and temperatue is still not good at all.

Anyone got any ideas?, Pressure and temperature are very good in the taps.

ok guys, shower plumber came today and replaced the catridge, but hot water pressure and temperatue is still not good at all.

Anyone got any ideas?, Pressure and temperature are very good in the taps.

Would it be something stupid like the shower head chalked up

Compare the pressure of the just the cold and just the hot water coming out of the shower.

Sounds like the hot pressure is low/or blocked - and therefore when you turn the shower on and up, you get more cold than hot.

Look into the hot water inlet elbows feeding in to the cartridge and also the valve that controls the temperature.

The first step should help guide us.

Here are the parts list:: http://www.shower-spares.co.uk/triton/HP_range.htm

I took the catridge off and took some pics with water supply on, looks like theres more cold water getting through than hot, (hot pipe is on the left, cold is on the right). Though, both supply's should be the same, as I have a systems boiler with a santon premier unvented system.

Can supply be adjusted?, Heres some pics:

13112007289.jpg

13112007282.jpg

13112007288.jpg

Any advice appreciated. thanks

is ther any micro filters just in side the inlets of the hot or cold water mixer?

sorry, could you explain further what you mean, im not sure.
in the picture the hot water is coming through slowly just in side there is there a little mesh filter? (where the water is dribbling out )that may be clogged up with lime scale or something

how can I clean that? it looks like some kind of tool gets put into it?
not sure it was just a thought as i had similar problem with some pipes on the washing machine and found these little mesh filters which were blocked sorry i cant help more

not sure it was just a thought as i had similar problem with some pipes on the washing machine and found these little mesh filters which were blocked sorry i cant help more

The filters alway come out, use a needle to flick them out,.

You could leave the thing in acetic acid 10% for on day, it would clean it all out

Vinigar over 7& would do it

Do i need a tool?

If you can see in the 3rd pic, there is some kind of valve, Can this be adjusted to let more water through?, If so, what way should it be turned?

Do i need a tool?

If you can see in the 3rd pic, there is some kind of valve, Can this be adjusted to let more water through?, If so, what way should it be turned?
not sure does it move?

I've just had a look on the Vokera website to try and identify your boiler a little more before I provide further suggestions. The Mynute 20 SE is for central heating only, how is your hot water heated?

Also, is the cold water to the shower mains pressure? If it is, have you had any work done recently on the water system (even something minor that required the mains shutting off?)

Is this problem a recent development or has it gradually got worse over time?

Are there any valves connected to the pipework for this shower (particularly a pressure equalisation valve?)

Have a look at the pics on this link... http://www.shower-spares.co.uk/triton/HP_range.htm

You need to look at number 27 - I am guessing it sits inside the elbows, and you would prob need a needle or thin flat head screwdriver to flick it out... it would need cleaning and usally vinegar is good for clearing out the limescale/residue buildup.

But I reckon you are looking in the right areas... get your diy head and have a play, most people on this site have probably never seen these particular units and are basing their advise on principle, logic and experience.

Get your hands dirty... :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom