Sidelight Bulbs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you a link please to exactly what I need? Thanks

Dazz you're going down the same route I did. :D

For my dipped I have gone with 5k 35w HIDs. I know the argument over legality - IMO the MOT wording itself is not conclusive. I have had my beam pattern checked and it is perfect, all the HIDs have done is given a crisper, whiter light. I went specifically for 5k 35w to look as oem as possible, I didn't want to dazzle anyone and I didnt want them too blue.

As for fogs, I dont use them as fogs, I use them for the surround lighting when you unlock at night so I wanted them white like the sides.

Here are the various bits I have fitted:

For the dipped beam:
Ballasts:
x2 35W Smart system TERMINATOR SLIM HID XENON BALLAST NO ERRORS LIGHT Canbus | eBay
Despite claims, they didn't work without these resistors:
Canbus Warning No Error Free Capacitor Resistor Decoder FOR HID Xenon Kit Qty 2 | eBay
Bulbs, I tried a few until I found some good ones from ultra-hids. These aren't the same as mine but give you an idea: 2X XENON HID BULBS 35W H7 METAL BASE 5000K *BEST QUALITY* | eBay

For the fogs:
Bulbs, you need H11, I went for 80w
30w 80w 100w CREE LED Lamp Fog Tail Turn Bulbs Headlight H1 H3 H7 H8 H11 9006 | eBay
Resistors are needed to stop bulb warnings, they do get hot but I have hung them inside the cavity behind the wheel arch liner where they can't touch anything.
2X 50W 6Ohm LED DRL Fog Light CANBUS Load Resistor Warning Error Free H8 H11 | eBay

Dazz you're going down the same route I did. :D

For my dipped I have gone with 5k 35w HIDs. I know the argument over legality - IMO the MOT wording itself is not conclusive. I have had my beam pattern checked and it is perfect, all the HIDs have done is given a crisper, whiter light. I went specifically for 5k 35w to look as oem as possible, I didn't want to dazzle anyone and I didnt want them too blue.

As for fogs, I dont use them as fogs, I use them for the surround lighting when you unlock at night so I wanted them white like the sides.

Here are the various bits I have fitted:

For the dipped beam:
Ballasts:
x2 35W Smart system TERMINATOR SLIM HID XENON BALLAST NO ERRORS LIGHT Canbus | eBay
Despite claims, they didn't work without these resistors:
Canbus Warning No Error Free Capacitor Resistor Decoder FOR HID Xenon Kit Qty 2 | eBay
Bulbs, I tried a few until I found some good ones from ultra-hids. These aren't the same as mine but give you an idea: 2X XENON HID BULBS 35W H7 METAL BASE 5000K *BEST QUALITY* | eBay

For the fogs:
Bulbs, you need H11, I went for 80w
30w 80w 100w CREE LED Lamp Fog Tail Turn Bulbs Headlight H1 H3 H7 H8 H11 9006 | eBay
Resistors are needed to stop bulb warnings, they do get hot but I have hung them inside the cavity behind the wheel arch liner where they can't touch anything.
2X 50W 6Ohm LED DRL Fog Light CANBUS Load Resistor Warning Error Free H8 H11 | eBay

So can I put these bulbs in without ballast, resistors etc? All I want is brighter bulbs without to much messing around!!

2X XENON HID BULBS 35W H7 METAL BASE 5000K *BEST QUALITY* | eBay

No bud, if you go hid bulb you need hid ballast to fire them.

Osram night breaker are a good halogen upgrade.

No bud, if you go hid bulb you need hid ballast to fire them.

Osram night breaker are a good halogen upgrade.
Sorry I am getting confused now! Could you send a link for the brightest headlight bulbs that will be just a straight replacement for what I have now without having to change resistors, ballast etc.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom