Silly Americans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sure you'd get very similar answers if you asked those questions in any provincial British town centre.

Funny though. :)

It's filtered.... selected clips, without an agreed control, can portray anything if you ask enough people enough questions and edit out the correct answers.

True, 90% probably knew the right answers but the clip looks better with all the wrong ones!

Did he think Oz was North Korea and Tasmania South Korea???!

Funny all the same.

The lack of knowledge about the World is quite frightening ......

Stop people in London and ask them about aspects of *Britain* and you'll get some interestingly depressing answers from a proportion of them.

Statistically, North Americans do know / care less about what goes on outside their own country than Europeans. US papers and TV news programmes reflect this.

I work for a large multinational company, and it's not unusual for professional-level US staff to have never left their country before (many don't even have passports). Whereas this is rare with European staff, who obviously have many more countries close by than Americans do.

I read some stats recently that showed <20% of Americans have a passport....

sounds like where i work then.
wonder why it was so easy to get them to support the WMD fiasco

Last edited:
It's filtered.... selected clips, without an agreed control, can portray anything if you ask enough people enough questions and edit out the correct answers.

I don't understand the point your making. It's edited to show the dumb answers produced on the day of filming.
Objective surveys I've seen show around 5% of Americans can actually pin point Iraq on the map, far lower than most other Western countries.

adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom