Silly Money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted96908

Mrs P wanted an early 911. And here's me thinking £60k-£70k might do it!

I will let you have mine for £60k if you like...it's a 1986.

The classic car market is a little silly at the moment.

I was quite keen on a late '80's Aston Martin V8 Vantage X-Pack. I though £120K would do it. Found I was looking at £280k + for nice ones and as much as £450k for prominent examples (ex Elton John that kind of thing).

I'll sit this out and see if it bursts.

Bought a new SL400 instead.

Fewer than 15 years ago I could have had a perfectly usable 3.2 Carrera for £12k.

Friend of mine has a 993 Carrera RS, probably worth £200K+ now and rising. Stupid money, it's hateful to drive on anything other than glass-smooth tarmac and tries to kill you on every corner. It's fast - proper fast, but bloody hell it's stressful. Probably showing my age now, but I'd rather get to my destination 5 minutes later, and alive.

Cheers,

Gaz

Better off with a 993! Safer too.

She's been there...

I will let you have mine for £60k if you like...it's a 1986.

It all started with an '85 SuperSport which was sold from beneath us. Then she saw a very cute yellow 60s Targa, and that's where she's set.

The classic car market is a little silly at the moment.

I was quite keen on a late '80's Aston Martin V8 Vantage X-Pack. I though £120K would do it. Found I was looking at £280k + for nice ones and as much as £450k for prominent examples (ex Elton John that kind of thing).

I'll sit this out and see if it bursts.

Bought a new SL400 instead.

Nice article in this month's Evo about a similar Aston - I'll try and dig it out.

Fewer than 15 years ago I could have had a perfectly usable 3.2 Carrera for £12k.

I was very close to another Super Sport for £18k in 2012.

Friend of mine has a 993 Carrera RS, probably worth £200K+ now and rising. Stupid money, it's hateful to drive on anything other than glass-smooth tarmac and tries to kill you on every corner. It's fast - proper fast, but bloody hell it's stressful. Probably showing my age now, but I'd rather get to my destination 5 minutes later, and alive.

Cheers,

Gaz

That bubble is going to burst before too long. Better off putting your money into a Singer.

The problem with 911's is they are still too cheap. Starting prices should a minimum of a hundred grand. :D

About time Mercedes W210 and S211 prices reached those levels! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom