Silver E55 on Gumtree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"Semi auto"?

Worth a look for sure.
Good to see MSL had a hand in the tuning department.

Those brakes must be something special at £1300 though.
The parts alone are less than £500

Looks okay... Worth a look if you're in the market for one.... Good combo.. Silver paint and black interior....

"Semi auto"?

Gumtree did that for my E350 too. I presume it's because there is the option of manual gearchaging if the driver wants to use it.

Mines Cubanite Silver and black interior. Must be the standard options lol

Worth a look for sure.
Good to see MSL had a hand in the tuning department.

Those brakes must be something special at £1300 though.
The parts alone are less than £500

Not sure - they used to be cheap for discs/pads but I've a feeling the parts have gone up a good chunk now. When I last checked a year or two back the front brakes alone were that much in parts, not including fitting of course or the rear discs/pads either.

Having said that, these cars are getting on a bit now and I think the bigger issue going forwards is the calipers themselves. They seem to suffer from corrosion, the pads get stuck and hence they don't work properly (plenty of '55s around with rusty discs on the inner face!) More of a headache than SBC pumps or the discs/pads themselves IMHO :)

I am not a huge fan of silver but I like it. Love the wheels and I am not really into aftermarkets (I like the Vossen CV3s too).

Looks like a tidy example and as AMGeed states - been breathed on by MSLP so you could do some checking up if needed...

I presume it's because there is the option of manual gearchaging if the driver wants to use it.

I think so, so although semi-automatic technically means a manual with an automated clutch, I think it has probably come to mean "halfway between manual and automatic" regardless of transmission type - which I suppose makes more sense as I imagine the majority are not interested in the technology behind a transmission.

Not sure - they used to be cheap for discs/pads but I've a feeling the parts have gone up a good chunk now. When I last checked a year or two back the front brakes alone were that much in parts, not including fitting of course or the rear discs/pads either.

I sourced my front Brembo discs and pads in June 2016 for £200, rears are cheaper so still possible for under £500 parts only I feel. OEM parts from the dealer, quite possibly over £500

Having said that, these cars are getting on a bit now and I think the bigger issue going forwards is the calipers themselves. They seem to suffer from corrosion, the pads get stuck and hence they don't work properly (plenty of '55s around with rusty discs on the inner face!) More of a headache than SBC pumps or the discs/pads themselves IMHO :)

This is a good point I agree on. One of my front calipers had some corrosion and almost needed replacing. Luckily my indy got over it, removed the corrosion and all was well. I was anxious for a while:D

I sourced my front Brembo discs and pads in June 2016 for £200, rears are cheaper so still possible for under £500 parts only I feel. OEM parts from the dealer, quite possibly over £500

Obviously there's no way we'd know if the car in question is using original parts or not - but for comparison, my previous E55 had front/rear discs fitted by MB of Edinburgh, in 2009 (so 8 years old pricing for both labour and parts!) and with 20% discount the bill was £719 so I'd not be surprised if at 2016 prices (for both parts and labour) a £1300 bill was possible - especially in a more expensive part of the UK.

Front pads alone are significantly more than £200 by themselves from MB, but there's eight of them after all :)

I've recently done the brakes on mine,

Front Disc's from Mb were £78 each plus vat
Front pads Were £138 plus vat

Take off the hideous big star grille and put the headlights back to standard and that looks a good E55K.

I've recently done the brakes on mine,

Front Disc's from Mb were £78 each plus vat
Front pads Were £138 plus vat

Were they aftermarket pads Gavin - OE pads are coming up at £222.81 with discount (£247.57 retail)

BRAKE SHOE - C Class 2002 - 2007 (203) All Models - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape

It's a pity because only a few years back a couple of the MB main dealers were heavily discounting brake parts and I'm sure the pads were sub-£100 at the time :)

Why did I say pads? I meant discs lol. I've been quoted £193 from my local dealer.

No Gen Mb, from Colchester bud

Retail according to Inchcape MB is £247.57, so that's like 1/3 off the price? I'm guessing you got those very heavily discounted as you're in the trade/run a parts business :eek: I'd be surprised if the general public would get offered that sort of discount on parts these days :)

I know a few years back some MB dealers were heavily discounting brakes but I couldn't find anywhere offering that sort of discount when I was looking last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom