Simoniz chrome cleaner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
This stuff any good?

On offer @ Tesco for £3. Need some to clean my exhaust tips? Apparently this on microfibre cloth should do the trick?

Cheers

That's the stuff I do mine with mate, I've found best way do mine is with wirewool and WD40, and the a scrub with the chrome Polish and a micro fiber cloth.
Before

And after

Cheers
Ben :thumb:

That's the stuff I do mine with mate, I've found best way do mine is with wirewool and WD40, and the a scrub with the chrome Polish and a micro fiber cloth.
Before

And after

Cheers

What a difference Ben!!! Brilliant

I've got WD40 so will get some wire wool ordered :)

Cheers
Abs

Hey abs mine are brushed stainless steel and not chrome tips. If i was you I'd only do the insides with the wirewool.
WD40 helps a lot to brake down the soot.
I've got some ethyl acetone that I'm going try on the soot when it builds up. I'll post some pictures in a couple of weeks.
Cheers

I used the wire wool and a̶n̶u̶s̶o̶l̶ autosol and the tips came up a treat.

Hey guys,

Im thinking of trying cleaning them with just WD40 on a rag, or maybe some Nail Varnish Remover/Acetone ?

Cheers

Hey guys,

Im thinking of trying cleaning them with just WD40 on a rag, or maybe some Nail Varnish Remover/Acetone ?

Cheers

Before you use anything solvent on metal make sure it's not holding any static charge. Best earthing it by touching the thing you are about to clean with a bare hand on the metal part and the other hand on the floor.
If any charge you should feel it discharge and then it should be OK to use solvents, and only small amount on a corner of the cloth.
And keep the container with the solvent well away from you and sealed as well mate.
I'll give mine a go with it tomorrow and let you know if it works or not.
Ka-Boom:D
Ben:thumb:

Before you use anything solvent on metal make sure it's not holding any static charge. Best earthing it by touching the thing you are about to clean with a bare hand on the metal part and the other hand on the floor.
If any charge you should feel it discharge and then it should be OK to use solvents, and only small amount on a corner of the cloth.
And keep the container with the solvent well away from you and sealed as well mate.
I'll give mine a go with it tomorrow and let you know if it works or not.
Ka-Boom:D
Ben:thumb:

Cheers bud :) look forward to hearing from you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom