Ski Hatch in W211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
I could REALLY do with one of these in my E-class (fishing rods/poles don't collapse as much as they did when I were a boy!)

I know that making a folding rear seat retrospectively is impossible due to the construction, but is there ANY way of making a ski hatch?

i know its an option on the C, but i very much doubt it can be done on an E due to fuel tank..

I could REALLY do with one of these in my E-class (fishing rods/poles don't collapse as much as they did when I were a boy!)

I know that making a folding rear seat retrospectively is impossible due to the construction, but is there ANY way of making a ski hatch?
Not a Problem

Angle_Grinder.jpg

Do NOT get tempted to use this:

h1Plasma_cutting_leaves.jpg

i know its an option on the C, but i very much doubt it can be done on an E due to fuel tank..

Does anybody know exactly what is between the seat back and boot space? Malcom?

Not doubting you Jay, but I'm curious now as to exactly WHAT is behind my 2 grandsons! :crazy:

Does anybody know exactly what is between the seat back and boot space? Malcom?

Not doubting you Jay, but I'm curious now as to exactly WHAT is behind my 2 grandsons! :crazy:
On a serious note we have a new E-class saloon in our drive-way, is there anything I can get my son to do that might assist?

regards
John

On a serious note we have a new E-class saloon in our drive-way, is there anything I can get my son to do that might assist?

regards
John

Thanks for the offer John but guess I need a schematic showing what is behind there. Hopefully someone will be able to oblige

The following schematic (scroll to bottom of page if necessary, if it appears there is nothing at first) shows the back seat arrangement for a W211:

Detali link

Not sure if item 100 is what you're after, but looks like a separate panel.

On the same site, this link shows the arrangement with folding seats and what I assume to be a ski hatch.

Not sure that the folding seat arrangement can be reproduced on the other car. John's suggestion would work though :D, and should that mean piercing the fuel tank, I suggest not cutting it with a fag in the corner of your mouth :devil:.

This ski-hatch is a £205 option on the E-class saloon so I would expect the panel to be pre-cut and hopefully fairly easy to remove.

I would suggest a gentle tap with a size 12
230596737_4f552165ce.jpg

should see that panel come out.

I wonder if a casette fits into the hole?

Regards
John

Hmmmm - think I feel a call to Ian Walker coming on....... :D

Hmmmm - think I feel a call to Ian Walker coming on....... :D
Which angle grinder do you want to use. The red one with the grinding disk or the Black one with the cutting disk? Failing that I could borrow Andy's plasma cutter from next door.:rolleyes::D:devil:

Just stick the rods through the sunroof, but don't drive under electric power lines :devil:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom