Sky News Jeff Randal - New car registrations discussion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
Just switched on the TV and on Jeff Randall Sky News they were talking about Peugeots worst financial results ever and had a graphic of UK car registrations on screen. Anyone else see this or the obvious error?

Attachments

• image-3449209616.jpg
    image-3449209616.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 118
Looks like a joint BMW/Mercedes venture!

Had a look at the new A class engine recently, built by Renault! And it utilises a belt driven cam. A Merc with a cambelt!

The world's gone mad!

I think I'm going to put some BMW badges on my c class, obviously they badged my car up wrong...

:)

After my one and only Renault, a 1976 20TL fell to pieces in about three years I swore that I would walk rather than ever buy another of their cars. It looks like they are trying to catch me by stealth.

It is interesting to see that nothing changed over the past 20 years... the two top slots for the most sold car brand in the UK are still taken by Ford and Vauxhall. Laugh if you will, but they must be doing something right if the domestic market (private and fleet) likes them so much for so long

It is interesting to see that nothing changed over the past 20 years... the two top slots for the most sold car brand in the UK are still taken by Ford and Vauxhall. Laugh if you will, but they must be doing something right if the domestic market (private and fleet) likes them so much for so long
Possibly by heavy discounting to the fleet markets implying they are a potentially a depreciation disaster for private owners to buy new. Would be interesting to see a breakdown of company and private registrations in those figures. In particular the BMW "C class" :rolleyes: Looking at the top sellers I can identify only the Vauxhall [ aka opel] Astra and Renault /Nissan conglomerate Quashqai/Juke as British manufactured??:dk:

Possibly by heavy discounting to the fleet markets implying they are a potentially a depreciation disaster for private owners to buy new. Would be interesting to see a breakdown of company and private registrations in those figures. In particular the BMW "C class" :rolleyes: Looking at the top sellers I can identify only the Vauxhall [ aka opel] Astra and Renault /Nissan conglomerate Quashqai/Juke as British manufactured??:dk:

This is definitely the case to some extent, and this is how I got two nearly new Vauxhall Omegas at ridiculous prices some years ago - the last one (2001) was just 4 months old and 6k miles and it went for 10k under list price... sadly Omegas are no more.

But it is interesting to note that both Ford and Vauxhall also show strength in selling small cars which you would not normally expect to be fleet sales, but are typically bought by private buyers.

An elderly gentlemen once told me that when he was young you simply bought whatever your local garage was selling - if you happened to have an Austin dealer near by, you bought an Austin etc, keeping in mind they were close by for regular servicing as well. At least when it came to small family cars that is, I presume that it did not apply to Jaguar or Aston drivers.

This is no longer the case as such, but perhaps the abundance of local dealers providing reasonable service at down to earth prices has something to do with Ford's and Vauxhall's success.

MB listen-up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom