SL 350 New owner leaking in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

salb

Car
SL 350 AMG
Hi everyone,

Well after 5 days of owning it and i have a water leak issue.

First leak from the A pillar where the roof meets the windscreen, i did a bit of research and it says try silicon on the seals or use the MB SEAL cleaner and sealer which i will go and get this morning.

Second one is that it is damp at the rear passenger footwell now i did have a drip on the side wall of the rear quarter so could this be coming from the rear upper quadrant of the roof?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

sal

There is no water or damp in the boot..........

well guys i think i have sorted the A pillar leak.

Believe it or not i used a heat gun on the leading rubber edge on the windscreen
and this expanded it and brought it back to life so when i pushed the rubber with my finger the rubber actually had some bounce and give.

it took about 5 mins of gentle heating but you could see the rubber actually expanding out.

Then i bought the rubber seal solution from mercedes and liberally applied and got the rubber really moist.

the result a very very snug fit.

checked all the rest of the drain holes and all seem to drain fine and cleaned out the rear seal of all the dirt and grime.

then took it for a power wash and at the moment no water dripping from the front screen .

Well what an introduction to the SL350.

sal

Now my attempt to try and get the moisture out of the car.

managed to get some industrial packs of silica beads and I'm hoping no more condensation soon.

sal

Glad you got it sorted. The drain holes at the top of the A panel do seem to be prone to blocking and being squashed closed by the doors. We had same problem with ours until I fed flexible wire down the seals to open them up - never thought of using heat - will try that next time. Thanks for the tip. Enjoy the car been out in ours today for the first time since November and always brings a smile to our faces.

hey thanks but it was a tip i got from the net the heat expands the leather as for the holes drain holes i yes they did seem a bit squashed, but tomorrow i will use flexible wire and feed it down.

sal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom