SL320 R129 exhaust rattleHaving trawled through these pages, I fear one of my CATS is

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnilS

Having trawled through these pages, I fear one of my CATS is breaking down. I have a rattle from the exhaust that only appears when hot. I've had a cursory look for loose brackets and heat shield, but they seem OK. It was getting dark so I'll check tomorrow daytime.

If I find nothing, I'm guessing its the CAT(s).

If I have to remove these, can anyone recommend a decent place in the Midlands? I will call the SL shop after having a look myself but if someone has experience, that will help me.
icon_wink.gif

Yes, really

My rubbish is nearly 21 years old and still passes its control every 2 years.

Long live rubbish.

RayH

the quality of steel used 21 years ago is a lot different to the stuff used today - as you have just proved.

Last edited:
best bet longlife exhausts - they are all over the place. Excellent work, all stainless, lifetime guarantee for a fraction of the MB mild steel rubbish. See Exhaust - Stainless Steel Car Exhaust Systems - Longlife Exhausts

I used Longlife to remove my mid boxes complete with cats on my SL and had them replaced with s/s pipe. This was almost two years and two MOT's ago......the sound is great and any change of emissions is undetectable using standard MOT equipment.
I would recommend both Longlife, Oxford and the removal of the mid box cats. either with or without the boxes themselves.

Mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom