Sl500 R231

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jules335

Car
E53 AMG Coupe
After a 4 month wait, I picked the car up on Saturday and I am very happy with it. I think it looks fabulous in silver.

It has taken me longer than I thought to get used to all the features on the car. I had to resort to reading the manual in the end!

Performance is effortless and it is just so quiet and refined.

I love the keyless go. Also the hands free boot opening and closing is really useful. I was sceptical about it before but it really is good when you have your hands full.

The ambient lighting is nice, although it would be more effective on a light interior as the black absorbs a lot of the light.

The Harmon Kardon sound is superb, although I can't compare it with the standard system.

Still very early days but I will report back once I have got used to the car.

A couple of photos from the showroom when I collected it:

Attachments

• Showroom front.jpg
    Showroom front.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Showroom side.jpg
    Showroom side.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 48
a very rare car :)

Lucky you!

Even I am coming round to silver now!

I must say as a 129 lover and not so much a 230 lover, the 231 has me looking at it more and more. You can see the Bruno DNA in the 231. I suppose time will tell if it's plagued with the same issues as the 230, lets hope not and that this time MB are back on form.
Certainly the 231 500 specs are impressive, pretty much as the 129 60. And of course the bonus bit is no rust :D

Very nice machine, have fun :thumb:

That is lovely - congratulations! :)

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I wasn't sure about the looks when the R231 first came out but they have really grown on me. I think it is quite a colour sensitive car. It needs the AMG wheels and body kit as well, which is all standard now.

Tasty.....very..:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom