Sl55 amg gearbox

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karozza

Car
SL55 AMG/C180 K
Does anyone know if MB have any software updates for my 2003 auto gearbox to faster gear changes? I feel the manual selection for the steering speed shifters are too slow for any real spirited driving.

As the car is due to visit the MB service centre, maybe this could be re-programmed from it's original settings if the gearbox actually does have the ability to shift faster!?

Theres an engine management update. I don't think theres a gearbox update, its just slow and the torque converter doesn't help (to get around that you need a SL63) !

R

Yes, slush autos in the SL55, E55 etc. (and generally) don't change quick. ZF certainly made their sport slush autos change quicker than standard slush autos but nothing like MCT7.

You have to change up around half a second ahead of when you want to which is crap really.

MCT7 required really!

JohnEBoy said:
Yes, slush autos in the SL55, E55 etc. (and generally) don't change quick. ZF certainly made their sport slush autos change quicker than standard slush autos but nothing like MCT7. You have to change up around half a second ahead of when you want to which is crap really. MCT7 required really!

What is MCT7??

[YOUTUBE]NVBmUNqs30g[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom