SL55 Quaiffe LSD conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jjcodex

Car
S350 W222 SL55 AMG
Hi all

Anybody undertaken the above and if so what feedback could you offer on whether it was worthwhile and or unwanted side effects ?

Thanks in advance!

James

One of the best mods I have done. Makes the power delivery more manageable especially when roads are a bit damp. Would certainly recommend that you do it.

Cool - if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it done and what was the overall cost?

Thanks in advance!

If you go the Birds website www.birdsauto.com and put in your car details you will get a price and as above the best mod you can have. Highly recommended.

I had Birds fit the Quaife to my CL, again, highly recommended. They are a first class company to deal with.

Cool - if you don't mind me asking, where did you get it done and what was the overall cost?

Thanks in advance!

Had it done by PCS in Horndean who do all the work on my SL55 and I can highly recommend them. It was part of a group buy on MBclub and cant remember how much I paid. Think Birds are the UK suppliers so they will have the prices.

Cool! Thanks for the info.

Once i have a working budget i will dig out my atlas and work out how close or far PCS are from Exeter!!!!

If I remember correctly I am sure there was somebody from Plymouth who had an SL55 and was in the group buy but not sure where he had it installed.

Thanks - I will do a search.

Current priority however appears to be IC pump replacement (supercharger cutting out)

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom