Slightly Urgent !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smeesh

Car
E Class Coupe Cdi 350 Sport.
Morning Troops second attempt as a Newbie :wall bash: trying to get some info on a E Class Coupe 350 Cdi Blue Efficiency Sport which I am hopeful in buying this morning had no replies to my previous post early last night and was expecting some feed back as it looks a very busy and informative forum.

The Mercedes is a 2009 with just over 60,000. One owner since new. Can find no fault visually absolutely spotless inside and out. Apart from the basic pre-purchase inspections is there anything I should be aware of checking relating to this specific vehicle. Again your Help will be appreciated. Apologies if I'm being slightly 'pushy"but to be honest slightly disappointed in zero feed back :confused:

Smeesh....

Don't think you'll go half wrong with the model you've picked. The 350 CDIs are strong engines with good fuel economy and great performance but obviously you want to check engine compartment for anything obvious e.g. leaks.

There was a recall in the US for the power steering I believe (leaking pump), so check that's all in order.

Assuming it has COMAND, check that it takes full UK postcodes. If it doesn't, it'll need a software update (by STAR machine) which would be a potential bargaining point.

Good luck with your purchase!

You post last night and you are then disappointed by zero response 7:30am the next day? :ban:

Cheers Fodder for your prompt reply. I did apologies as time is against me. As you know buying a vehicle can be stressful especialy one I have "not a clue " about.. Seems every Forum has a Keyboard Cowboy these days... Thanks again for your immediate help...

Smeesh...

Make sure the car has its full complement of keys and that they all work to lock/unlock and start the vehicle .

Missing or non working keys are very expensive to replace ( around £250 and have to be coded to the car ) ; many customers are 'fobbed off' by dealers who don't want to replace these items .

Cheers Fodder for your prompt reply. I did apologies as time is against me. As you know buying a vehicle can be stressful especialy one I have "not a clue " about.. Seems every Forum has a Keyboard Cowboy these days... Thanks again for your immediate help...

Smeesh...
You posted around 9pm last night. It isn't really appropriate to be disappointed even if you have 'apologised' in advance. Why not give people a chance to respond first? Lack of planning on your behalf does not constitute an emergency on behalf of the members of this forum. As for your 'Keyboard Cowboy' comment, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here. :rolleyes:
Good luck with your purchase by the way.

Last edited:
Don't think you'll go half wrong with the model you've picked. The 350 CDIs are strong engines with good fuel economy and great performance but obviously you want to check engine compartment for anything obvious e.g. leaks.

There was a recall in the US for the power steering I believe (leaking pump), so check that's all in order.

Assuming it has COMAND, check that it takes full UK postcodes. If it doesn't, it'll need a software update (by STAR machine) which would be a potential bargaining point.

Good luck with your purchase!

Cheers Ed and thank you for your prompt reply. Will check on the Command facility which I shall do some homework on. It's an absolute peach but trying to keep my emotions on hold and keep a Poker Face with the "sales" who incidentally does not have much knowledge on this type of vehicle.

Will keep you informed and fire a photo or two... Thanks again and thanks for not wishing me banned .. Looks like a Fruity Forum one that I am looking forward to be part of...

SMEESH......:thumb:

Make sure the car has its full complement of keys and that they all work to lock/unlock and start the vehicle .

Missing or non working keys are very expensive to replace ( around £250 and have to be coded to the car ) ; many customers are 'fobbed off' by dealers who don't want to replace these items .

Cheers Pontoneer... Great name's on this Forum. Never thought in checking the keys to be honest. Car has been reserved for me and have a road test this morning... Excited !

Smeesh...:crazy:

You posted around 9pm last night. It isn't really appropriate to be disappointed even if you have 'apologised' in advance. Why not give people a chance to respond first? Lack of planning on your behalf does not constitute an emergency on behalf of the members of this forum. As for your 'Keyboard Cowboy' comment, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine here. :rolleyes:
Good luck with your purchase by the way.

Your right CF it's hardly an Emergency but in my defence only stumbled on the car yesterday and just trying to get as much knowledge in my Mr Magoo heed and the MB Club looks the best site ;)

SMEESH....

Are you planning on using this as a daily runner? Long runs?

Not what I do and only drive it now and then :doh:

Your right CF it's hardly an Emergency but in my defence only stumbled on the car yesterday and just trying to get as much knowledge in my Mr Magoo heed and the MB Club looks the best site ;)

SMEESH....
Haha nice avatar, you'll do!

I can't offer much advice on the 350. I owned an 320CDi on which the 350 engine is based I think. The V6 is a superb engine, I managed 100,000 miles in mine in a fairly short space of time and all it ever needed was regular servicing and a MAF sensor.

Are you planning on using this as a daily runner? Long runs?

Not what I do and only drive it now and then :doh:

Yes ... Round trip of 60 miles on my commute but work a shift system so not out every day. Used to have a S Type Jaguar 2.7d and liked a pint or two but have given them both up due to poor reliability and Guinness being over 3 squid a pint so think I'm prepared for the running cost's :confused: Seems a bit thirsty compared to my 60 to 70 MPG Ceed...

Smeesh....

Welcome Smeesh. Youll be just fine with that hunk of a motor, its new yet. And you will get a bit of a warranty with it (not worth the paper.....) Main dealer car would help but I'm guessing the age of it puts you into non main Dealer territory.

As well as a full compliment of keys have a look at the spare wheel situation. Does it have one or is it a can of foam jobbie (ugh) If its a skinny thing are the wheel bolts there for it. Check the gear changes are smooth especially on the way down the box to a full and final halt. If you get damn great thunks on the way down the box - legit - as fast as your legs can go.
Bon chance,

Got It !!!

Well I bought her ... Did ma Homework. Have all the keys etc. Took a quicky on the way out . Very smooth and the response was impressive when giving it the "Gypsies Warning"... Think we will be good together.. Turned out it had two previous owners but as I said before Minted ...

Looking forward to some Fun and Frolics with fellow "Merc" Owners.

SMEESH...:bannana:

Attachments

• 12236868_544629759024973_563722466_o.jpg
    12236868_544629759024973_563722466_o.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 49
Well I bought her ... Did ma Homework. Have all the keys etc. Took a quicky on the way out . Very smooth and the response was impressive when giving it the "Gypsies Warning"... Think we will be good together.. Turned out it had two previous owners but as I said before Minted ...

Looking forward to some Fun and Frolics with fellow "Merc" Owners.

SMEESH...:bannana:

Looking good, I got my coupe a few weeks ago. Mines a 220 but goes well enough for me. Great looking cars.

Hi
Looks a nice. Example Enjoy :dk:

Have never regretted buying my 'E350 cdi Coupe 265 bhp , the V6 engine is a dream , I love the look of the Coupe :D

Thanks Mark ... Pick it up next Saturday. Service and full valet. Could have got it earlier but cannie find my ownership form for the Kia so will have to apply for a new one at £25. Get it with in 2 to 3 days. Never realised how quite a Beast it is...

Smeesh...

Good work Smeesh! Is this your first Mercedes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom