SLK 200 battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pricega1

Car
2014 SLK 200
Is this the right place to be asking about batteries?
I've got a 55 plated 200SLK with a Varta 74Ah 680A battery and I think it's on its way out. I don't used the car a great deal, especially over winter so I keep the battery on a CTEK MXS 5 charger. Recently taken the car out of the garage as I needed some temporary storage space. That was about a week ago. Went to the car to move it yesterday and the battery was flat, wouldn't even turn over. What type/make of battery would you guys recommend bearing in mind that the car is used infrequently (5000 miles/year)?

Personally Id get the MB one. I know its probably made by Varta or someone similar. I am surprised its got through at least 2 batteries on a 55 plate. Both our SLK at 9 years old (33k miles) and CLK at 11 (52k miles) years are still on the original MB batteries.

Personally Id get the MB one. I know its probably made by Varta or someone similar. I am surprised its got through at least 2 batteries on a 55 plate. Both our SLK at 9 years old (33k miles) and CLK at 11 (52k miles) years are still on the original MB batteries.

Thanks for that. I did say it was a Varta battery that's in it at the mo but it's badged as a Mercedes, so I think it's the original one. I bought the car from a dealership back end of Feb 2011. We'd just gone through quite a bad winter and the car had been stood outside for some time. Makes me wonder if the weather did for it. Anyway, I've bought a Varta E44 silver 77Ah CCA 780 from Tayna Batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom