SLK 55.. Confused about which exhaust mod....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fizz47

Car
MB C350e
Hi all

So likily to be an owner of an SLK (171) very soon.

One of the first things I want to do is to improve the soundtrack of the car and have read quite a few threads on here but still a little confused and unsure.

One of the things I'm concious about is not having any drone or excess noise on the motorway or under normal / gentle acceleration...

Essentially I have narrowed it down to these options..

1) Secondary Cats removed, resonator delete and X pipe fitted.

2) Leave socondary cats but have resonator removed and and X pipe fitted.

What are people's experiences... Which would be better and not have to worry about excess noise on the motorway...

Many thanks.

F

Hi Fizz
I had my SLK 55 for just over 7 years now , the first mod I did was the Xpipe , I kepted all the Cats , this does give you a better exhaust note no drone , the normal exhaust mod is Xpipe & remove rear cats , this gives you even more noise no drone , now after 7 years I have just had the kleemann headers fitted & the front Cats removed this gives you alittle louder noise than xpipes & rear cats removed but it's a deeper note more like a v8 should sound , the cold start bark is very nice .
I would head over to the SLKWorld forum there is a lot of infor about this subject , try & come along to a meet that's the best way & hear the different sounds . There are a lot of the SLK 55's around the Midlands area if this helps

Cheers

Andy

Hi Fizz
I had my SLK 55 for just over 7 years now , the first mod I did was the Xpipe , I kepted all the Cats , this does give you a better exhaust note no drone , the normal exhaust mod is Xpipe & remove rear cats , this gives you even more noise no drone , now after 7 years I have just had the kleemann headers fitted & the front Cats removed this gives you alittle louder noise than xpipes & rear cats removed but it's a deeper note more like a v8 should sound , the cold start bark is very nice .
I would head over to the SLKWorld forum there is a lot of infor about this subject , try & come along to a meet that's the best way & hear the different sounds . There are a lot of the SLK 55's around the Midlands area if this helps

Cheers

Andy

Thanks - in that case will go for X pipe and secondary cats removed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom