Slk 55 r172 air filters removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray d

Car
slk 55 amg
Hi all, can anyone explain how to remove the air filters please. Am able to get the front grey cover off but cant see how to go any further and dont want to "hawl and pull" at grey bits:eek: encase I break something. Photos would be even better. Thanks

Ah now my boss (called the wife) said not to touch it encase Merc saw the post and washed their hands of the engine if anything went wrong with, it told me to leave it alone and I suppose she is right so I bottled out but was topping it up spilt some oil which has went down to the exhaust and I want to clean it off before I start the car hence air filter of job Dooooooooooooo

Well I am and it is a wee country with 1 MB main dealer to help us out. Have asked them to sort out a "loud switch" which I have another thread on somewhere. Asked them about 3 months ago to see if it can be done and am getting nowhere with them (hope they see this Mr Agnews)

Just looked at the link to remove filters. It says to remove engine cover (no problem)
then it says to remove rear cover Hmmmm have jiggled it about but does not come off. I am sure it is easy "but only if you know how" That is the one I am stuck with

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom