Slk r170 rear wheel arch rust prevention/cure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve333

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cls350cdi in palladium,C200k in tenorite,Slk320 in red.
As per title,about year ago both rear arches on the wife's 2003 slk we're showing signs of rust(inner lips bubbling/rusty areas)so I rubbed them down after removing all the mud/drying them out then applied a rust remedy that was recommended on here(can't remember the name)before painting them and waxoyiing.As we intend to keep the car a few more years yet(caused us no probs in over 2 years,runs perfectly and only 72 k miles) I want to further coat the arches with a black substance that's previously been mentioned on here but I can't remember the name,can anyone help or any further tips,many thanks for any help;)

I don't know if this what's been recommended in the past but I like Bilt Hamber products. I've used them (albeit on elderly british roadsters) with success.

Hydrate 80 on surface corrosion and then followed up with Dynax UB.
Hammerite do a "stone chip" paint that you can use on the edges of wheel archs.

I don't know if this what's been recommended in the past but I like Bilt Hamber products. I've used them (albeit on elderly british roadsters) with success.

Hydrate 80 on surface corrosion and then followed up with Dynax UB.
Hammerite do a "stone chip" paint that you can use on the edges of wheel archs.

Hi Richard,thanks for your reply,do you need to prep back to bare metal when applying these products?

Thanks for the info and link Richard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom