SLK230 Kompressor 2000 model - Start error

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hornet

Car
Various Merc's
Have got an SLK230 Kompressor, x reg / 2000 model. Been stood for 2 weeks and battery went flat, yesterday morning it started making an alarm noise, but not from the main alarm as the battery was dead, so think was a back up battery of some kind. Anyways, needless to say the alarms backup battery went dead after an hour or so. In the meantime I had the main battery off and charged overnight, put it back on today and...

1. The main alarm went off immediately and I couldn't turn it off using any of the 3 keyfobs, but it seemedto silence itself after 15 seconds approx. Leaving the hazards flashing etc.

2. All the ignition lights etc are alight and none of the keys will lock / unlock or start the car?

3. On the dash it also says "start error"

I have disconned the battery again as the lights etc will drain it until I can figure out the problem..

Any ideas?

Help would be much appreciated..

hmm not sure if yours has a synchronisation method.. check the manual?

from memory its normally battery on, key in ignition, turn to ignition on, take key back out and try the button... then it should be fine..

It may have another issue.

I suspect the unit responsible for the immobilisation (can't quite remember is name, somthing like DAS) has gone down.

You need to have it plugged into a Star as this is the only diag equipment that will read the DAS unit.

I will try the key in ignition thing but have tried starting it and locking it about 3 gazillion times :( Car has been fine for over 2 years and first time battery has died, and a battery dying to cause this problem is a little upsetting :(

It may be just co-incidence.

I have just done one in an ML (today) and it was water damage due to the freezing weather.

Could be water in the PSE?
Remove spare wheel and jack, and you will see the PSE shrouded in a foam case.
Check to see that there is no water/damp ingress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom