SLK230 rear silencer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roberthall

Car
slk230
Hi

Thought this may be of interest to other SLK owners. I have a 1999 230 Kompressor which the rear silencer was past its best to say the least. Got the Merc part number and then started looking around for a replacement. These silencers are like hens teeth. Blinking rare, especially non Merc. The Merc price came in at over £500. Not what I wanted to spend on a £2000 car. Pattern manufacturers either don't make them or list them but have never made them. After much looking on the internet I found an exhaust manufacturer in Poland, of all places, that actually makes them. Fitted it today and is identical to the original item. The new one even came with the chrome end can. And the price?

Including freight from Poland via DHL - £96.00 delivered.:bannana:

Bargain. Car drives really nicely now too.

did you buy direct??

Hi

Thought this may be of interest to other SLK owners. I have a 1999 230 Kompressor which the rear silencer was past its best to say the least. Got the Merc part number and then started looking around for a replacement. These silencers are like hens teeth. Blinking rare, especially non Merc. The Merc price came in at over £500. Not what I wanted to spend on a £2000 car. Pattern manufacturers either don't make them or list them but have never made them. After much looking on the internet I found an exhaust manufacturer in Poland, of all places, that actually makes them. Fitted it today and is identical to the original item. The new one even came with the chrome end can. And the price?

Including freight from Poland via DHL - £96.00 delivered.:bannana:

Bargain. Car drives really nicely now too.

Hi did you purchase the silencer direct from Pland or use a UK distributer??

Does anyone know if the pre-facelift exhaust system (no centre box) will fit the post-facelift SLK230?

Reason I ask is that I have been unable to locate a new centre box and am considering swapping to the earlier system.

Hi,

How did you contact them (or a distributor?) please? I've emailed them and haven't had a reply.
Also, was it a good-as-OEM fit? I'm after exactly the same pipe for my 1999 SLK230K

Thanks

David

OEM for the exhaust system is Eberspacher (if you look carefully on the original system you will see their logo). Complete systems and parts for all models are available direct from them.

You can also get them through Eurocarparts who are currently showing the earlier system for £254.99.

Just ordered complete cat-back system for my '03 SLK (two silencers) for £360 which seems very reasonable for OEM system and only a few quid more than the aforementioned polish source for this particular system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom