SLK55AMG Where can I get it supercharged?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kippax1968

Car
SLK55AMG
Recently bought one of these (2009) model & am interested in getting it supercharged as I've heard of this being done.

Can anyone point me in direction of who could do this or any experiences from owners who have had it done?

Kleemann do a supercharger kit for your SLK.

Speak to Acid at MSL 0121 772 4455, am sure he will be able to sort it for you ;)

I know someone who did this, headers etc spending about £20k in total. It can certainly be done. I personally wouldn't, the chassis can barely handle the engine that it currently has tbh. Keep us updated if you decide to go ahead with it :)

I know someone who did this, headers etc spending about £20k in total. It can certainly be done. I personally wouldn't, the chassis can barely handle the engine that it currently has tbh. Keep us updated if you decide to go ahead with it :)

Agreed, it will cost fortune for 100bhp more.

If you want a supercharged drop top merc get a SL.:eek:

+1 selling the SLK and getting a good later example R230 SL55K would be a better option:thumb:

Agreed, it will cost fortune for 100bhp more.

If you want a supercharged drop top merc get a SL.:eek:

They are a contstant ball ache to keep running well too.

Has anyone over here put a E55k engine in a C55? or CLK55 etc? Or would that be just as much work?

its probably got different internals and totally different compression ratio's to the twin turbo 5.5, much the same as the 55k has compared to the 55 N/A, which is why charging the N/A is a ball ache.

its probably got different internals and totally different compression ratio's to the twin turbo 5.5, much the same as the 55k has compared to the 55 N/A, which is why charging the N/A is a ball ache.

Compression ratio has nothing to do with it. Look no further than Weistec supercharged 6.3.

Perhaps Ollie can expand on the issues - I had none when I supercharged my ML55 with Kleemann. Can be done here or in Denmark at Kleemann HQ in Farum. They have a big place there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom