SLS vs C63 sound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bryce86

Ive heard plenty of C63's in the flesh and they really are something quite special. Ive also heard an E63 in the flesh which while still extremely nice - not a patch on the C.

Sharing the same engine - albeit slight alterations - how does the SLS sound in comparison. Ive yet to hear one.

I wonder if the E you heard was a biturbo :dk:

My 6.2 NA is epic - easily as raucous as a C63.

95% sure it was the n/a 6.2. Can't remember that it was new enough to be the tt and was certainly badged 6.3. Hmm.

I wonder if the E you heard was a biturbo :dk:

My 6.2 NA is epic - easily as raucous as a C63.

95% sure it was the n/a 6.2. Can't remember that it was new enough to be the tt and was certainly badged 6.3. Hmm.

It could have been someone taking it easy in an E, one thing for definite It obviously wasn't mine! LOL :D

bryce86 said:
Ive heard plenty of C63's in the flesh and they really are something quite special. Ive also heard an E63 in the flesh which while still extremely nice - not a patch on the C. Sharing the same engine - albeit slight alterations - how does the SLS sound in comparison. Ive yet to hear one.

I have driven a couple and they are better than the C63 similar deep growl but much more pop bang. The Roadster is even more fun on the ears....being open and all that :)

It could have been someone taking it easy in an E, one thing for definite It obviously wasn't mine! LOL :D

He'd have heard yours if he was underwater, with his fingers in his ears, on another continent :D.

The W211 E63's aren't that loud, mines no where near as loud as a C63.

At the formula 1 the medical car (C63 estate) sound throatier and deeper than the safety car which is a SLS.

Really surprised me but I preferred the C63 noise when they did a flying lap or two.

The SLS has plenty of snap, crackle and pop and was certainly more racey but the C63 wins for a beefier note.

No idea if either of those F1 cars have any modifications to the exhaust though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom