Small rear end bump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Billigmeister

Car
E220 CDI Estate SE
So someone bumped up slowly into me today as i was waiting at traffic lights.

Will need a new bumper i expect as it has a number of scratches and dents/creases. Everything else seems fine but will get it all checked out.

Thankfully all involved healthy and fairly happy.

Will probably do it off the record.

Her family have connections with gore motors in leicester to get things fixed.anyone had any dealings with them?

What is the going price of a new bumper including sensors etc?

I have a hidden towbar and that is working ok afterwards, any other considerations i should have?

What car and how old? MX5 bumper repair last week after similar incident as 2 quotes varied hugely. 500 v 380. One argued that he uses genuine mfr spec pairs and laquers and heated booth to avoid filling or replacing bumper. Other argues that can't be done and filler is all that is needed :(

I'd never have a repainted plastic bumper. No matter who does the job, there's no guarantee it will hold up, especially if a minor chip occurs in the future. Getting the paint to adhere to the surface properly is a nightmare.

it is 2010 E220 estate.

got quote from mercedes - £1000 + vat

independent place nearby - just under £1000 (dunno about vat)

that is simply for new bumper and being painted and fitted.

Ouch for the chap who is paying!

Anyone used either Mercedes Leicester for bodyshop work or Gore Motors?

think i will go for the merc just for the extra backup if i am not happy with the job. also get a loan car for a couple of days

I personally would never take my car to gore motors but only to the main dealer especially with a newish merc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom