smart paint repairs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Captain Smerc

Car
C63
Anybody know of a good mobile service for bodywork scuffs etc in Romford Brentwood/Ongar areas . Many thanks .

I have been very pleasantly surprised at the quality of work done by my local Chipsaway man, but I'm in Bromley.

Might be worth checking yours out to see what he can do.

Most smart repairs are completely dependent on the skill of the individual performing them meaning company branding is no guarantee of the quality of the final job. This is one area that personal recommendation by folks who have had work done is the best guide. Many MB dealerships use smart repairs for "fettling" their used car stock- might be worth a chat with your local MB service/bodyshop manager for who they use?

This all depends on what your looking for these guys to do .
Rust is a no no for me as this needs to be done correctly often taking off part of the car that need to be checked behind as rust is often hiding just below the paint before it start spreading all over a larger area.
Again i would only use recommended smart repairs for minor Blemishes Dents.

My experience of smart repairs, infact most repairs isn't a good one, they've all looked great when the guy has left but 4/5 years later they have been visible and not looked good at all. So choosing who you use and what you have done carefully is really key here

Ok , thanks everyone , it's just a small battle scar on corner of front bumper & tiny touch up on wheel arch .The pizza delivery man kissed me ! I've got 2 witnesses and they are paying up ok . My local body shop are accessing it , think max £250 if they want to do the whole bumper . Just rather do a cash job and not up my insurance come renewal time , protected bonus or not ...

Hi I used a main dealer great job and would use again, cost me £150.00 inc VAT

For a few weeks after I had bought my dark blue Range Rover I sometimes thought I could notice the rear O/S door was a different shade.
I'd walk past it backwards and forwards convinced that it was a different colour, but at the same time convinced it was a trick of the light.

Eventually my suspicions were confirmed that it was indeed a different shade.
A smart repair had been carried out and once I knew that, it bugged me, so I had the whole side of the car repainted to perfection.

The smart repair wasn't that bad, and taking into account the limited facilities and time available to the repairer, one shouldn't be too critical. It just wasn't for me.
This sort of repair would be ok if the car wasn't worth a great deal or perhaps for a quickie if selling or part exchanging.

I once saw (I think) Chips Away painting alloy wheels at a MBClub GTG.
It looked to be a hurried process, so I wouldn't have much faith in the quality or longevity of the finish. Each to their own, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom