Snapped doing 39mph in a 30mph zone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i guess the RK will be in serious Sh1tt then.

Not if they tell the truth. If they were not the driver and they have abided by the request to name the driver then they have acted properly.

That is what i am asking.
Has not happened yet, just asking if they are telling the truth but the named driver denies it ,since the courts are looking to get some money, somebody must be made to cough up.
has this ever happened to anyone here or that you know.
I mean naming someone who denies it, not saying you do not know who was driving.

That is what i am asking.
Has not happened yet, just asking if they are telling the truth but the named driver denies it ,since the courts are looking to get some money, somebody must be made to cough up.
has this ever happened to anyone here or that you know.
I mean naming someone who denies it, not saying you do not know who was driving.
Well people have literally got away with murder of children where one "parent" blamed the other. http://society.guardian.co.uk/children/story/0,,823612,00.html

Even in the world of motoring offences, where there seems to be a presumption of guilt, rather than the usual way around, I think/hope there's generally more concern about getting the decision right than simply getting the money. Again, if it's a Camera Partnership, the money is lost to them once it goes to court.

Last edited:
I must confess to finding some of these messages 'weird'

Do courts get a commission on the money they take?

Are courts so corrupt that the innocent are all found guilty?

Here in Devon hundreds of motorists had their speeding fines overturned because the 30 mph road sign had the wrong font. The fact the sign was clearly legible, despite the fact there was street lighting, despite the fact that all those convicted were actually exceeding the speed limit. Makes you wonder who the corrupt really are.

John

well if you follow the law to the letter as the cameras tend to do i.e no discretion, then the wrong font is enough to quash any conviction.
I mean if you have the wrong font on your licence plates,legible or not. the cops will be gunning for you around here

I ?

Are courts so corrupt that the innocent are all found guilty?

John

More like who can pay a hefty fine tends to be found guilty.
Thats why drug addict burglars get up to 43 cautions while motorists have the book thrown at them.

Must stress though my personal experience round here.
Do not know about your neck of the woods

Last edited:
so what happens if the named driver denies it.
If it comes to it, lawyers and procurator fiscals will start pulling out evidence for that time and date.

Mobile phone records. Every call you make is recorded to the second, including who called you, triangulation to exact location. Use of bank cards at wailling wall machines. Video imaging (these blue cameras that record vehicle movements), petrol station cameras, all numberplates are recorded at the pumps etc etc. so they can prove where you were at the time the camera flashed.

Everything you do can be pinpointed to a location and it is all recorded. Even if you sat in the house for a month, if you are on the internet, they can go very deep into what you have been surfing with your IP address / logons/ passwords etc.

So to take a chance on providing false evidence....forget it

Last edited:
does not prove anything.
if you go to the airport to pick your mate up. And you let him drive back to the office and a camera snaps you. you were both in the car.
A rear camera can not tell.
As for false evidence ,if you read the post you will see the evidence is the truth.
he could have driven through a camera to a layby, and then you took over.
I am simply asking what will happen. It must have happened before to someone.
No one drives my car so it will not be happening to me.
Just asking if your mate denies it what will the courts do?
All those points cannot tell who drove if you were both in the car.
and who said anything about buying petrol

So to take a chance on providing false evidence....forget it
Excelent point,
Only last week a professional football player was gaoled when he claimed his father-in-law was driving his Mercedes-Benz when caught speeding on the A38. The snag was the police submitted a photograph of the driver. :devil:

I believe the police are legally bound to supply all their evidence prior to the court date, but in cases like this I would love it if they did not have to submit this type of evidence until the time the evidence is heard before the court. Sort of lie at your peril, but that would be an infringement of our human rights and I can hear the accused squealing about how they HONESTLY could not remember! :mad: :devil:

The innocent should walk, but the guilty should talk :D (My old sergeant might have been proud of that one?)

Regards
John

Excelent point,
Only last week a professional football player was gaoled when he claimed his father-in-law was driving his Mercedes-Benz when caught speeding on the A38. The snag was the police submitted a photograph of the driver. :devil:

I believe the police are legally bound to supply all their evidence prior to the court date, but in cases like this I would love it if they did not have to submit this type of evidence until the time the evidence is heard before the court. Sort of lie at your peril, but that would be an infringement of our human rights and I can hear the accused squealing about how they HONESTLY could not remember! :mad: :devil:

The innocent should walk, but the guilty should talk :D (My old sergeant might have been proud of that one?)

Regards
John

well teddy sheringham got away with his didn't he

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1277035,00.html

Excelent point,

Regards
John

Wish they do that to all drug addicts and burglars who lie in court.
As they do not earn 190k a year i do not think they will be interested in chasing them for that long.

well teddy sheringham got away with his didn't he

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1277035,00.html

They mustn't have had good enough evidence against him so offered him a caution which he accepted.

Getting away with this kind of thing relies on everyone playing their part and causing as much confusion as possible. In the other case the footballer was caught by both the photo and his FIL not even being in the country.

so back to the original question, what will the courts do if the named driver denies it

so back to the original question, what will the courts do if the named driver denies it
I think the answer is that we don't know.

No-one can ever know for sure, because nothing nothing legal is black and white, that's why there are so many (rich) lawyers around!

Why don't you tell us, you seem to have the answer to everyone else's comments on this subject

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom