Snooper DAB2000 add on unit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Porteo

Car
2011 E220 cabriolet CDI 170
Bought one of these for my e220 cabriolet, did a test fit in the garage and signal strength was 80%+, so stuck the antenna to the screen and started engine to go out, and once the ignition switched on the signal dropped to 0% :confused:
Emailed snooper to get their take on this and had 1 reply asking for further info which I've gave them and waited since Monday for another reply!
Has anyone fit a DAB antenna on a cabriolet and if so where have the stuck it?

Probably have something plugged into cigarette lighter socket (i.e igntion switched) interfering, a USB charger for instance

Try seeing if it fails with ignition on, but engine not running (which proves its something that comes on with switched circuit). Then start unplugging stuff. (Remembering it could be the snooper power supply, and that may be hidden)

Richard

The rain/light sensor on the windscreen is probably interfering with the DAB signal.

I had this issue on my last car and found a magnetic mounted aerial works best on the boot lid which I still use on my CLK.

If the DAB aerial is mounted in the centre of windscreen you can try moving it to one side.

The snooper unit itself it plugged into the 12V socket in the glove box and the aerial was down the passenger side, it does lose the signal when ignition is switched but engine off. I have thought of trying a mag mount but really don't want it on the outside, could one work somewhere on the inside of the car? I've even contemplated trying one of the external screen mount aerials but using it in the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom