Snooper S2000 Syrius Proline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt32AMG

Car
June 2002 SLK32///AMG. OCT 2007 CLK350 AMG Sport Convertible.
Hope everyone is having a good Christmas break…
Anyone got one or had any experience with this??

I'm not that bothered about the SAT NAV function as I have the Pioneer AVIC-X3 unit. But I am interested about the RADAR, GATSO, and general detection facilities being offered with the syrius unit as opposed to the Road Angel for example.

The syrius S2000 is also apparently Linux based, therefore shouldn’t require so much re-booting as Bill Gates windows based units. :D
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
http://www.activegps.co.uk/snooper-s2000-syrius-proline.htm

Hope everyone is having a good Christmas break…
Yesterday I took delivery of my new SNOOPER S2000 Syrius Proline, the last word in Laser Camera detection featuring the following:
Snooper S2000 Syrius Proline Satellite Navigation Features:
Super bright - 4.3-inch full colour LCD touch display.
Pre-installed street-level maps of the UK and Ireland.
8-digit postcode - navigate using full UK postcode search.
Turn by turn voice instructions.
Automatic multi-route planner - up to 10 different destinations.
Bluetooth interface for hands free mobile telephone calls.
Includes TMC traffic receiver for real-time traffic information.
Includes built-in MP3 Player.
Includes GPS Golf Shot Saver.
2D and 3D Map Views.
Fully integrated speed camera warnings.
Simple touch-screen operation.
'One touch' Home and Office route planner.
Route Preview - review calculated route before you start travelling.
Extensive list of Points of Interest.
A choice of different screen colours.
Built-in SIRF III GPS antenna.
Built-in rechargeable battery.
Fully portable - Plug & Play.
2 Years manufacturers guarantee.
Snooper S2000 Syrius Proline Speed Camera Warning Features
Advanced warning of fixed speed cameras including Gatso, Truvelo, Watchman, Speedcurb and SPECs speed cameras.
Advanced warning of mobile speed cameras including roadwork cameras, DS2, Mobile Laser, Mobile Safety Vans and temporary Gatso locations.
Advanced warning of accident hotspots, Congestion Charge Cameras and Schools (optional).
Voice Alerts confirm camera type and speed limit.
Auto Ranging - Indago automatically calculates the distance required depending on the speed limit.
Smart Mute - Automatically mutes any alerts if you are below the speed limit.
Fully portable - easily transferable from car to car.
Logic Modes - Detects cameras only if they are considered a risk. It can ignore cameras on the opposite carriageway.

£299.00!! Bargain…

Well not exactly. On attempting to register the unit, one finds that an additional one off payment of £99.95 is required to download the Camera laser detection software/database, UK-Ireland ONLY…and then, to rub salt into the wound, and after what seems hundreds of attempts to register the unit, I find out from their technical department the next day, that the serial number allocated to my unit is incorrect, and not just on mine, but all similar S2000 units. :crazy:

So now what? Well, if I’d be good enough to send it back they’ll do their best to get a working registered replacement out to me within 10 working days or so, but understand we're quite busy, and that these kinds of things can happen with new products you understand...

I say “let me get this straight, you want me to send, at my expense, the unit back to you, so you can then send me a replacement, sometime when you can fit me in depending on demand, and how busy you are??... I don’t think so. How about you can refund my additional download fee for the Speed Camera Warning features, (I'll be damned if they are making use of my money sat in their account while they think about sorting this pantomime), which at best can be described as an ambiguous feature, as the marketing leads the buyer to believe that this is an all inclusive package, nowhere does it state clearly, an extra 25% needs to be spent in addition to the purchase price of £299, to make the product work to it’s full UK potential, not to mention the various other creditcard, standing order, direct debit features they want you to enter into once you start installing the download software. :eek: (thats like buying a TV that only recieves adverts except you don't know it till you get it home! You want to see films and programs? Awe no mate, thats extra :crazy: :mad:

I also went on to say that THEY can pay the postage for the return of the unit on which they will either replace a fully working unit by return, or I’ll have a full refund. I wait not holding my breath:mad:

My question is this: If they know about this registration problem with this product, (tech support new exactly what the problem was like immediately), then why are they still selling them???
Also
I can’t believe I’m the first person who has flagged their "less than clear" marketing strategy…
You have been warned

Last edited:
I think the phrase is "not fit for purpose" - entitled to a full refund and all ancillary costs....

Unbelievable, email to Watchdog perhaps????

Why should anyone have to put up with that sort of scam/incompetence it just makes it worse for everyone? I hope the OP will demand money back, and contact Trading Standards and Watchdog.

After reading this I have just ordered a Road Angel plus Hope this is a good unit.......anyone have one? What's it like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom