Snow is falling, transport is failing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Well we have 2cm of snow here and the buses have stopped running and so have the taxis, what sort of country is this? Is this another example of nanny state HSE? Madness

I was in Canada 2 weeks ago at minus 28 degrees and 2 meters of snow and life carries on as normal.

It's times like this I'm glad the village pub is only 150m away :D

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

We are the laughing stock of Europe.....we can't handle the snow, rain, winds, heat (hosepipe ban at the first sign of a clear day!)

But you know what, happy and proud to be British and laugh it all off :)

Buses here stopped at 6pm...something to do with it being a bank holiday?

As to Canada, well they can guarantee heavy snow every year so they budget and plan for it...we get an inch or two of snow every few years and the media runs shock-horror stories and everyone panics...

Flying to Scotland tomorrow morning... then one hour taxi ride.... not sure if it will snow, but in case it does, I hope the Scotts' transport system can handle it...

Flying to Scotland tomorrow morning... then one hour taxi ride.... not sure if it will snow, but in case it does, I hope the Scotts' transport system can handle it...[/QUOTE

Do not forget your passport!!

balge said:
Buses here stopped at 6pm...something to do with it being a bank holiday? ...

We only get four buses a day to the village so difficult to run a bank holiday service lol :D

I was out during the first snow shower at around 7.30pm here in Sheffield. Utter mayhem ! People crawling along at 5mph. Cars abandoned at the side of the road !

Me? I just wafted on by them in the V70 with it's winter rubbers on. What made me laugh were the 4X4 SUV's squirming around and struggling, with their giant eff off rims cladded in minuscule profile wide summer rubber:D

stwat said:
I was out during the first snow shower at around 7.30pm here in Sheffield. Utter mayhem ! People crawling along at 5mph. Cars abandoned at the side of the road ! Me? I just wafted on by them in the V70 with it's winter rubbers on. What made me laugh were the 4X4 SUV's squirming around and struggling, with their giant eff off rims cladded in minuscule profile wide summer rubber:D
the secret is use m+s they always in season!;)

stwat said:
I was out during the first snow shower at around 7.30pm here in Sheffield. Utter mayhem ! People crawling along at 5mph. Cars abandoned at the side of the road ! Me? I just wafted on by them in the V70 with it's winter rubbers on. What made me laugh were the 4X4 SUV's squirming around and struggling, with their giant eff off rims cladded in minuscule profile wide summer rubber:D

My V70 too has its winter boots on and they are an awesome vehicle in snow much better than some SUV's

Magic + Sparkle surely ???

We've now got 4cm and I've had 3 phone calls from people who are "stranded" unlucky for them I've been drinking so going nowhere.

They are now issuing extreme weather warnings on local radio

I'm now starting to get scared I might not make it the 150m home from the pub, wouldn't that be a shame

Unbelievable!!!!!

Flying to Scotland tomorrow morning... then one hour taxi ride.... not sure if it will snow, but in case it does, I hope the Scotts' transport system can handle it...

In deepest Aberdeenshire just now : temp -3 outside , cars frozen up , but no snow , roads and paths clear .

Driving home in morning .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom