Snow snow snow !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakerook

Should be fun in the morning for a rear wheel drive newbie like myself !

Unless one has fitted the correct tyres for the conditions?

I'm in Lockerbie, two miles from the main road, parked in a farmyard, which is at the bottom of a track.

And it's snowed and settled :crazy:.

I might be proper snowed in :thumb:.

developer said:
I'm in Lockerbie, two miles from the main road, parked in a farmyard, which is at the bottom of a track. And it's snowed and settled :crazy:. I might be proper snowed in :thumb:.

I'm a bit up the road just outside Glasgow. Had it for about three hours.

Having a front wheel drive, I had them replaced...however, I had the tyres rotated so the new ones are on the back. When I picked up the car I was advised the others needed replacing as well!! Doh!

I'm in Lockerbie, two miles from the main road, parked in a farmyard, which is at the bottom of a track.

No problem. Just flash your courtesy light on and off a few times and then ask the assembled crowd if they wouldn't mind hitching up their trolleys and giving you a push back on to the main road. :D

No problem. Just flash your courtesy light on and off a few times and then ask the assembled crowd if they wouldn't mind .........

Isn't that dogging ? :D

I'd like to know the % of MB drivers that do actually fit winter tyres.
I'm willing to bet its a very low percentage.

Possibility because they have access to another vehicle?

Possibility because they have access to another vehicle?

Quite possibly Peter. But the ones who haven't?

I own up to never ever having another set of tyres for winter use. Not that it's needed here in Poole:bannana:
But I have been a passenger in a friends car in Switzerland in a blizzard and the tyres were fantastic. I never believed it possible a car could grip so well in snow.
So in the North of the country, well above Watford is the north for me, winter tyres are a very good idea.

So do you think my winter wheel / tyre package is going to work?.... 17" 225/45 Nokian WR D3's.... we shall see at 06:30am!!! :eek:

With any luck there's also a farmer and a JCB to clear the track ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom