Snowed in, in Penrith!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarah.grandon

Car
Mercedes clk
Currently in Penrith and staying in a lodge in the middle of a forest and now very snowy hills. Tried to go out in CLK 320 an hour ago and she is not having any of it!! She is tucked up safe and sound now!! Just have to hope farmer Giles with his tractor will help us out tomorrow... for the time being it’s very cosy!! [emoji51]

Currently in Penrith and staying in a lodge in the middle of a forest and now very snowy hills. Tried to go out in CLK 320 an hour ago and she is not having any of it!! She is tucked up safe and sound now!! Just have to hope farmer Giles with his tractor will help us out tomorrow... for the time being it’s very cosy!! [emoji51]

I would avoid being towed over long distances if possible.

Turn off the ESP to get you going, car in C or W to start in 2nd gear. Gentle on throttle. Good luck

I would avoid being towed over long distances if possible.

Turn off the ESP to get you going, car in C or W to start in 2nd gear. Gentle on throttle. Good luck

Thanks love, I wasn’t thinking of a tow really!! Just to clear the hills to get to the main roads .. [emoji8] x

Thanks love, I wasn’t thinking of a tow really!! Just to clear the hills to get to the main roads .. [emoji8] x

Ahh okay, best of luck. Drive safe :) do keep us updated.

Ahh okay, best of luck. Drive safe :) do keep us updated.

cd8459a6b7d90c8ce12223938fea670e.jpg

Just had a message from a mate of mine who's down in Powys visiting family.

He was supposed to be coming home this morning but the car is under a foot of snow and it's still coming down heavily. I suggested he made a bit of a holiday out of it but his kids are due back at school tomorrow so he wants to attempt to get back home. In a BMW 7 Series... :D

Just had a message from a mate of mine who's down in Powys visiting family.

He was supposed to be coming home this morning but the car is under a foot of snow and it's still coming down heavily. I suggested he made a bit of a holiday out of it but his kids are due back at school tomorrow so he wants to attempt to get back home. In a BMW 7 Series... :D

How are his drifting skills? :D

After your hot tub, you will have to do what the Finns do ie go out and roll in the snow !

Ha,ha... no rolling in it, standing in it was bad enough!! [emoji51]x

Most Mercs I've had have been terrible in the snow, you might have quite a wait to get out of that, I'd make the most of it!.

Watch out for the hungry bears. LOL

Stay safe and enjoy the hospitality.

Thanks lovely!! Farmer Giles came good and sorted roads to civilisation...enjoyed being trapped with the wildlife though!! [emoji199]

Home tomorrow morning so fingers crossed the weather doesn’t turn again!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom