So I have just scratched my car - Help Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash213

Car
SL350 2012
Guys, ridiculously i was off on my out to buy some stuff to fix up a car im selling wen i misjudge a parking space and hit the corner of a tiny brick wall which i could barely see.

I need this fixed up asap, is it a big job timewise, and what do you suggest, a body shop? if so, how much ££ are we talking?

cheers
photo1iu.jpg

photo2al.jpg

Ouch!!

That will need a bodyshop to repair.

As for cost, well that depends on where you are and who does it and also if the bumper can be pulled back into shape. Often wiith plastic bumpers they can be heated and re-shaped quite well but it does depend on the material they are made from. My guess for costs would be £250- £400 as silver can be difficult to match. If a new bumper is required then considerably more.

As for time, well I am having my bonnet and door bottoms sprayed soon and they want the car for 3 days to prepare and paint.

Last edited:
Where do you live bud I run a smart repair business might be able too help you out if your close too Bicester

chaps.

who are DCP???

i live in BRISTOL F1mad...

cheers all...very ****** i made this mistake with the wall ffs.

Chaps.
in addition i have another job for painter/sprayer type person.

i have an MG and i needed a new handle, and unfort the outer plastic is white on the silver motor so need the white sprayed silver.

stupidly i tried doing it myself and buggered it up so have been trying to remove the silver.

anyway need it properly sprayed silver from some one who knows what they are doing! ASAP cos im trying to sell it. take a look at pic..

so thats two jobs, would be ideal for a mobile type person...

photoxkg.jpg

Anyone want this double job please contact ASAP!!!

Cheers all

A smart repairer would charge around £100 too repair both the bumper and the handle have a look on yell.com for bumper scuff in your area should show lots of guys try and avoid the large national companies in my experience they are too expensive, use inferior products and only receive basic training,

£100 I would snap some ones hand off for that price....

chaps, just a bump incase there are any people from bristol or surrounding who want this job.

if i get no interest i will call up local buff scratch people tomorrow but just thought if there is any people on here who need work they can contact me to arrange.

if no interest here, from what i have gauged i am looking at £100 minimum for the two jobs? is there mobile type sprayers who would come to my home to do this thing? i dont fancy lugging two cars to a body shop chaps.

cheers all.

It's not a difficult job too repair bud a mobile repairer will be able too do it on your driveway in a couple of hrs

chaps.
my neighbour sorted my door out so only the one job to do , the merc!

will phone some mobile companies in the morning.

Glad to hear your getting it sorted. What work is going to be carried out for £120?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom