So I needed a £500 runner...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MatthewW

Car
1999 W202 C200
Afternoon all.

Having decided that the main car is having to go back I needed a runner and probably £500 would get me something which might last 6 months. Choices I had thought of were either Corsa, Fiesta, Clio, Polo just any cheap 10 year old car. Which is when I noticed an older guy from the pub being dropped off by his Mrs.

A pint later we were chatting about cars, I mentioned the bonnet of his Merc didn't look to be closed fully

"Oh that's why it was cheap" came the reply.....

"Well I'm after a cheap motor in a few weeks"......

And that's the story of how yesterday I unintentionally bought my first Merc .... I had never dreamed that I would ever get behind the wheel and simply say YES and then grin.

Turns out to be a bit of alright too, it's a 1999 C200 with 96k. (first 66k done in the first 7 years with fully stamped dealer history - then in the last 9 years covered 30k). It's straight enough, solid enough and yes it's a 16year old car but it is way beyond the Fiesta I thought I would have bought.

Oh and the bonnet just needs re-seating

Morale of the story - when you see an older Mercedes driver, then buy him a pint he might just sell you his car too!!

Sounds like an excellent bargain - welcome to the forum.

Steve

Welcome, you can buy me a pint anytime, but I won't be selling you mine..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom