So many issues I'm not sure where to start and whats related

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John_Doe

Car
C32
Ok so I recently decided to take my dash out to replace a faulty cog on the charcoal filter flap motor. Bit of a PITA to be honest and really was not worth the hassle. Anyway I noticed today that my passenger door seems to be completely dead. No power to windows, seats, mirror, not even the indicator. So while looking into this I found a puddle of oil in the passenger footwell. Still no luck with the door but this oil seems like its transmission fluid, which is strange

It seems to be running down the harness and onto one of the modules down there. Slightly worrying.

How do I stop this? I will give this a clean later and see if I can spray some WD40 on it to clean it up but I'm sure it will just come back

Fit a new pilot bush to the gearbox connector.

It's the inner part of the gearbox connector. Cost about £10.

Oh I think I did one of these on one of my old w202's. How does the oil travel upwards and inside the car?

Any idea what the modules are under there? I forgot to get part numbers while I was out there

Fit a new pilot bush to the gearbox connector.

+1 on replacing the gearbox connector bush.

Transmission oil is being forced up past the connector bush and travels up into the passenger footwell - in some cases up into the ecu!

It is forced up the loom, both due to pressure and capillary action.

Oh I think I did one of these on one of my old w202's. How does the oil travel upwards and inside the car?

Any idea what the modules are under there? I forgot to get part numbers while I was out there

Believe it or not the cable insulation acts as a pipe for the oil to channel along (under pressure).

Check the TCU for ATF, it wicks up the loom from the pilot bush. You may need to flkush or replace the loom.

Also clean all contacts and slide the cover off the Ecu amd clean that to, contact cleaner or brake cleaner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom