Some E63 AMG tweaks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACB44

Car
E63 AMG S & AMG GTS
I have had this beast for 18 months and have started to personalise it rather than go out and get something different.

First I wanted to make the badging more subtle so have had them all hydro dipped to match the carbon fibre boot spoiler well as best we could anyway.

IMG_0642.JPG IMG_0645.JPG fullsizeoutput_e98.jpeg

Next the wheels needed refurbishing so I decided a colour change was in order, I really wanted to hydro dip them in carbon fibre but wasn't 100% sure so went with a colour change first and see how I get on with it.

IMG_0643.JPG

I'm pretty happy with them but we'll see if I feel the same in the morning!!

IMG_0644.JPG

The only thing I haven't got done is the front as I really want to have this hydro dipped like the badges the only query is whether the treatment will affect the operation of all the electronics behind the central plate for the variable cruise control and lane warning etc etc. Does anybody have any thoughts or experience on this?fullsizeoutput_e99.jpeg

I like what you have done :) As a suggestion, could you not 'cover' the plate you mention prior to getting the grill dipped so it remains intact, once the grill is refitted?
I have never had the option on my cars, so am unaware of the implications hence ot being a suggestion. Am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will be along to assist.

Oh and someone seems to have scribbled all over your number plates :D

The only thing I haven't got done is the front as I really want to have this hydro dipped like the badges the only query is whether the treatment will affect the operation of all the electronics behind the central plate for the variable cruise control and lane warning etc etc. Does anybody have any thoughts or experience on this?
Bearing in mind that the Distronic system can go into a sulk if the sensor shield part of the grill gets excessively dirty, I think I'd be very wary of putting any coating on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom