Some people :

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
My son was taking a driving lesson yesterday and was involved in his first bout of road rage.

Sitting third in line behind a large van turning right in busy traffic , the van wasnt moving quick enough for the two cars infront of him who mounted the pavement and went round the inside and away.

My son sat behind the van waiting for it to move when the woman behind him started to sound her horn , still unable to move forward he sat patiently waiting on the road clearing when the woman then exited her car and approached his fully "stickered" LEARNER car , she yanked the door open and started to give my boy dogs abuse for NOT driving over the pavement to get around the van.

There was no doubt that he WAS a learner so WTF is wrong with people today that they cant give a kid a bit of slack and stop being so bloody impatient, the traffic was that busy that all the cars would have been bunched together at the next set of lights. :dk:

Kenny

My son was taking a driving lesson yesterday and was involved in his first bout of road rage.

Sitting third in line behind a large van turning right in busy traffic , the van wasnt moving quick enough for the two cars infront of him who mounted the pavement and went round the inside and away.

My son sat behind the van waiting for it to move when the woman behind him started to sound her horn , still unable to move forward he sat patiently waiting on the road clearing when the woman then exited her car and approached his fully "stickered" LEARNER car , she yanked the door open and started to give my boy dogs abuse for NOT driving over the pavement to get around the van.

There was no doubt that he WAS a learner so WTF is wrong with people today that they cant give a kid a bit of slack and stop being so bloody impatient, the traffic was that busy that all the cars would have been bunched together at the next set of lights. :dk:

Kenny
Kenny, was it in Paisley ?

Perhaps a 'Glasgow Kiss' would have been the most appropriate response - way better than a 600 PSI punch .

Ms angry should be ashamed of herself .

What was the instructor's reaction?

The pupils are taught not to engage with anyone whilst on their lessons , he told my son not to make eye contact and he held his hand in her direction palm facing outward until she had finished her rant and slammed the door shut.

It wouldn`t look good for his business if he was to exit the car and go toe - toe with her in an arguement in the middle of the street , her "red mist" had came down and there would have been no reasoning with her no matter what he said.

The thing that ****** me off was that he could have been in the middle of his test and the way she acted could have made him more nervous and prone to making mistakes resulting in a :fail

Kenny

Kenny, was it in Paisley ?

No it was at the top of Berryknows Road in Cardonald , next to Morrisons.

Although we stay in Paisley (Ralston) we are nearer the Sheildhall test centre , where he will be sitting his test, hence the reason he is using the roads around Cardonald / Govan / Hillington.

Kenny

On the bright side, your son was bound to come across road rage at soe point. At least while the instructor was in the car he has experienced it in a supervised, controlled and to some extent safer environment.

Should leave him better prepared for the future.

Many years ago my mother was sat in her Moggie Minor at a particularly difficult junction to pull out from. It was a dark wet winters evening and it was rush hour, it was taking time. The car behind had tooted her a couple of times and finally gave her a long blast which pushed her past her limit.

She cooly got out and walked back to his car, he wound the window down to see what she wanted to say. She leaned in, switched his car off and threw the keys down the road and returned to her car.

The junction cleared and she drove off.

This saddens me. What happened to respect for others? Where does thought go to with these morons? Anything could have been happening with your son at this point. Possibly medical. Whatever, to react in this way is a disgrace that speaks volumes for her lack of self esteem.

I hope that your son manages to forget this and move on.

I hope that your son manages to forget this and move on.

He only mentioned it in the passing late last night so i think he was totally unphased by it , he found it more comical than threatening.

The thing that really annoyed the wife was when she asked him how old the woman was he said - "she was quite old mum ,around your age" :doh:

Kenny

Last edited:
If she was on her school pick up run... then he should consider himself lucky because Matherus Colecticus are a vicious species.

On a serious note... what she did is inexcusable even if he was NOT a learner...

No it was at the top of Berryknows Road in Cardonald , next to Morrisons.

Although we stay in Paisley (Ralston) we are nearer the Sheildhall test centre , where he will be sitting his test, hence the reason he is using the roads around Cardonald / Govan / Hillington.

Kenny

Ralston is nice ; a friend is a member of the golf club there , and I often take my young son to Barshaw Park .

There was no doubt that he WAS a learner so WTF is wrong with people today that they cant give a kid a bit of slack

Quite.

The thing that ****** me off was that he could have been in the middle of his test and the way she acted could have made him more nervous and prone to making mistakes resulting in a :fail

Kenny

A test would be cancelled - as my bike test was when a car driver came across a junction I was already on and knocked me off!

Ralston is nice ; a friend is a member of the golf club there , and I often take my young son to Barshaw Park .

It is quiet and no one bothers you , especially when we are so close to certain other areas. It is handy for my work (Daily Record) and the wifes work (B+Q) and also for shopping which is "nice" :rolleyes:

I am a Barshaw regular as we now have a dog that needs his legs stretching more frequently than i would have thought possible.

Kenny

Nowadays driving lessons are often recorded, with cameras front and rear. It's likely the footage is already on its way to the local authorities.

I am afraid she would have had to resort to the same tactics with me also...polished lip 18"AMG wheel's i dont mount the kerb for anyone!
Tell the lad to soldier on and best of luck for the future test.

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom